Sunday, March 26, 2006

THE TUMMY TICKER


Well, I have finally convinced Jenny to allow me to post weekly pictures and measurements of her growing abdomen on the blog. I think that it will be a special feature sections titled 'the Tummy Ticker'... yeah, I like that. SO, for today's tummy ticker, see above photo for the visual 'qualitative' growth of the tummy and here is the measured 'quantitative' figure... the tummy, at its widest dimensions, recorded a circumference of 38.5"!!! (Sorry dad, she still wouldn't fit in your jeans.)

I must say that this having a kid-thing is quite a fun experience. I am currently struggling on what I will call him, you know, like a father-son nickname thing. I am debating between slugger, champ, and sportsfan... but I have this fear...that if I do use one of these then I am making clear that it is my expectation for him to like sports. What if thats not what he wants- and his talents lie elsewhere? What will I do? All I know is sports! Oh my gosh- if he likes art or something I will have nothing to say to him- no knowledge or expertise to guide him and help him develop! I will quite possibly go down as the crappiest dad in history! Maybe this isn't such a fun experience! Maybe I shouldn't name this tummy ticker but Todd's Lamentations. Oh, all is lost!!!

Okay, I am back. Sorry about the tirade. I am quite confident no one reads this anyways, so I am sure that it doesn't really matter. Enough about me... Despite having to work long hours while feeling sick, uncomfortable, and tired- Jenny has been a super-sport all-star through this whole pregnancy. She still manages to be super-efficient at work and keep the house in tip-top shape- I am so grateful for her! She actually just won 'the hottest pregnant woman alive' award. Feel free to congratulate her :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dont be so sure that one one reads your blog! I am a regular member! :)