Sunday, May 21, 2006

Bony Elbows and Premature Labour

Well, before I get started here I would just like to say that www.byucougars.com has a running ticker counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds until BYU football begins its 2006 season. I don't know why I am excited- every year my high hopes are dashed by incompetence and failure. For some reason I am able to look past the 3 losing seasons that my 3 years of BYU had in store for me, our inability to win a close game, beat the U, or play with any type of consistency in a conference considered mediocre at best. Yes, I am right stoked for the upcoming season. I have bound and gagged the voice of reason and refuse to see the inevitable outcome. I am like some of the dorks who try to date my dear sister Cathy. They have heard that she is tough, a 'maneater' so to speak, and that if you lack ambition, come on too strong or are shorter than 6'4" you do not have a chance. However they somehow trick themselves into thinking that they are the one and what happens? She steals a nice dinner from you and blocks your calls for eternity. Somehow I am able to trick myself that this season the end will be brighter... GO COUGS!!!

So I would like to prominently feature the art of my beautiful niece Maddison on our blog today. This talented artist has submitted this work entitled "Todd and Jenny" to be shared with the world. I think that it is fantastic, what a talent! Although it appears from the art that my waist is sporting some 'sympathy' girth I want to assure you all that this is simply some artistic liberty and is not an accurate depiction of my physique (except maybe the hair). And please do not be alarmed that Jenny is spelled with a backwards 'J', I assure you all that despite her decision to make this change... she is still Jenny from the block. Although Jenny's belly button appears to be an outy- she has yet to be cursed with that pregnancy affliction. (note: if you are reading this (nobody does) and have had an outy pregnant belly button please replace cursed with blessed and proceed) Anyways, such artistic accomplishment in our family is a rarity so I thought that we would give Maddie the spotlight today.

Jenny is doing well, 2 months away seems like forever now. I have been a little bit stuffed up this weekend and when I have a congested nose I snore like my dad, or maybe even my mom. So to spare my light sleeping wife from the interruptions (and to spare my ribs from her freaking bony elbows) I decided to sleep on the couch Friday night. At 3:30 that morning I was awoken by a screaming wife. My first thought was- o crap- she is going into labour* in her 32nd week... on our bed :( not a happy thought to a bewildered emotionally unprepared husband. I bolted into the room and there she was- the girl of my dreams- on her back writhing in pain from a nasty cramp in her calf. I was so elated that the baby wasn't here yet that I laid down next to her and after a couple minutes of futile efforts to help her... I fell asleep. I love my Jenny.

*(Canadian for labor)

PS. This is a note to Barry Bonds (an avid reader of our blog, I am sure of it) We are bringing Angie to the game this Saturday and if it wouldn't be too much to ask- could you save #715 for then. I will be sitting in centerfield so just send it out my way. Thanks bud.

2 comments:

acte gratuit said...

Todd, I love your blog so much I've decided to copy it word for word into my blog. Just changing the pronouns...

Also: I too, have extremely pointy elbows (or so Doug claims) and I can only state that if you happen to get in the way of Jenny's appendages during the night, it is surely your own darn fault and not her's. Furthermore, you should hold them in the highest esteem because, who knows, one day they may be used to fight off an attacker or cut through cement that happens to be in your way. (You know, like if you're walking through a construction sight and a large chunk of cement falls in your path...)
That is all I have to say!
Sincerely, Emily Warner

Camille said...

Todd and Jenny, I want you both to know that I am right up there with Barry Bonds when it comes to reading your blog. I swear I read it every time I post something on our own blog. I love your blog. Never stop writing or posting pictures. I love seeing Jenny in the most feminine form possible. Girl, you look good! I admire you both and can't wait to see pictures of Camille Junior. I know, it's a boy, but in France Camille is a boy's name so it still works. By the way, Grant is at our house right now and he says that his email address is grantorrin@gmail.com Peace out you two!