Sunday, May 14, 2006

Is there Life after ROODLE?

Well here we are... survived another weekend of fun and games and I managed to avoid picking up a book the whole time. That is self-control. My sister Robyn came out this weekend and she came bearing gifts (special treats from Mom in Canada. God Bless you Mom!). Robyn's nickname is Roodle- I am not quite sure why but we still love her. She is six years my younger so we didn't feel it appropriate to set her up with any of our single friends here in the city during her short trip. That meant that the burden (really the joy) of entertaining her rested solely upon the shoulders of a busy student and a busy, pregnant, hot Jenny. Needless to say, I think Roodle was bored to tears at times ~ but we did manage to squeeze in some fun times. I decided that on Saturday we would take a bike ride from the Wharf area over the Golden Gate and into Sausalito. (This was both a very wise and a very timely decision- considering the day before in Jenny's pre-natal checkup the doctor informed her that she was suffering from a mild case of anemia. Nothing like an 8 mile ride on a warm sunny day to get your minimal amount of blood pumping!! Happy Mother's Day Jenny?!) So despite my apparent insensitivity, Jenny was a trooper and we all had a blast. The Roodle got a quality tour of the Northern tip of the peninsula and the weather was beautiful. In the end, the battle wounds that Jen received were not from the ride, but rather the sun. Yes, Jenny fought the sun and the sun won.

Today we had a picnic in the Park. Although in the picture Roodle looks like she is taller than me- but in reality I still have her by a little bit.(She is our little UVSC baller) It was like 75 degrees here today yet it felt like 90. Good weather and good times always accompany Roodle, thats just how she is. She is gone now, it will probably snow tomorrow and I will break my leg or something because she is gone. Yes life without the Roodle is bleak, but at least Monday we have the Prison Break season Finale and then Jenny's friends are putting on a shower for her... Life goes on I guess.

1 comment:

cameron said...

EIGHT months pregnant and BIKING!!! WORK IT GIRL