Saturday, September 02, 2006

happy, sad, and victorious days...

August 20 is a special day in our home. Not only is it Stacie and Matt's anniversary, but it was the day Ryder Paul was blessed. It was an incredible day, in more ways that one! All of my family but a brother and a brother-in-law were in town, and several of our friends were able to make it as well. Todd gave Ryder a very beautiful blessing. I am so blessed to have married such an amazing person who is so close to his Heavenly Father. After the blessing, we were honored to have 11 adults and 8 children in our tiny San Francisco apartment for lunch. Luckily we have a playground nearby, so the children were able to occupy themselves most of the time. As I said earlier, it was an incredible day.




On another note.... at one of our first visits to the doctor with Ryder, she told me it was bound to happen sometime. "It happens to every parent," she said. But I thought, "oh no, not to me. I'm never going to do that. I'll be so careful." Well, it happened.

What is "it," you may be wondering. Well, I'll tell you. Breaking skin, drawing blood, and making your baby cry while trying to clip his finger nails. Yes, I am a terrible parent, and I've felt the heavy guilt of my horrible actions ever since that dreadful day. Todd was quick to tell him it wasn't his father's fault whatsoever. Hmmmm. Here's Ryder showing his bandaged finger.... poor little guy.


Some individuals in our household consider another day rather sad... although Ryder and I seem to call it a victory. Yes, Todd said his son would never, ever have the audacity to poop on his father. Well, it happened folks, and here's the evidence.


Life is going very well around here... Todd is still keeping very busy studying for boards, which he takes in less than a week (Sept 8). Please keep him in your prayers. After boards are over, we have about a week until our trip to beautiful Canada, during which Todd will be busy working and finishing up his research project. In the meantime, Ryder and I are trying to find ways to keep busy... shopping, errands, baking, trips to see the fam, hanging out with friends, housework, and playtime are some of our regular activities. I have to say, much to his father's dismay, I really do think Ryder enjoys shopping.

Here are a couple of more cute, smiley pictures of our man Ryder... enjoy!




6 comments:

mama bear said...

What a beautiful day to bless your beautiful baby! Wish we could have been there, but I'm glad it all went well. And I am happy to see that the dreaded poop-on-papa happens to other people, thanks for sharing the episode!

Anonymous said...

Todd, you look good in brown

Anonymous said...

We sorry we had to miss the blessing day, but we can't wait to come visit soon! --Cami

Anonymous said...

Ryder is absolutely adorable! and Jen, way to go, you look awesome!! We miss you guys. Camden has yet to find another male to idolize as much as he did Todd...after Nate of course.

Emily said...

by the way, your baby is so gorgeous he should model!

acte gratuit said...

Yep, Ryder is magically babe-a-licious