HO HO HO!!! We hope that everyone is having a fantastic December. It will be more fantastic for me Thursday after I complete my last final. Jenny and Ryder are heading to the valley for the week, she deservedly gets jealous when I pay more attention to the books than to her. Friday we fly out to Utah to see family and watch
Robyn and the red-hot
UVSC Wolverines play host to BYU. Should be a nice way to kick off the two week Christmas break. I was actually forced into the festive spirit a little early this year. Apparently the Activities Committee at our church felt that I had the perfect demeanor and
body type to play the role of Kris Kringle at the ward Christmas Party. I decided to take no offense to the invitation ... you see, I figure though I lack physical obesity, I definitely have obesity of the Christmas Spirit. Anyways, I was probably the poor man's Santa of the year. Peering out from behind a ratty old white beard, I strutted into the room to a reaction of cries from the younger kids, skepticism from the older ones, and the middle aged kids were just afraid enough that I might be the real deal to go along with the whole charade. Halfway through the traditional '
sit on Santa's knee and tell him what you want' routine*, my poorly distributed pillow stuffed body fat slowly was compressed to the left side by kids sitting exclusively on my right knee. I made a mid-performance correction and started alternating knees... I was definitely on my game.
*Where the HECK did this tradition start and why? Honestly, who sat down and thought, 'Hmm, maybe we could get our kids to sit down in the lap of an obese bearded man dressed in red and selfishly tell him what they want. And we will do it all to celebrate the birth of Jesus!' Brilliant!?
Life is moving on quite nicely here in San Francisco. Ryder is rolling over and putting anything he can get his slobbery little hands on in his mouth. The kid is a lint trap, especially the rolls around his head and neck that stay constantly wet with copious amounts of slobber. He is a very good boy though (although he did follow suit today with a stellar performance on active bowel day) . Jenny is doing good, gorgeous as usual. She has been shop-til-she's-dropping whether at the mall or online getting all ready for Christmas. What a horrible invention- online shopping, if husbands only knew what was brought into their homes when they were out. We are looking forward to Christmas with all of Jenny's family... Happy Holidays if we don't post again before then.
No comments:
Post a Comment