Friday, February 16, 2007

The Cutest Boy.... EVER!


I don't think I'm biased when I say Ryder is the most adorable, cutest little boy who has ever lived. I can't even begin to describe how much I love him... my little buddy. Being a mother is the greatest, bestest thing ever. Well, it ties with being married to Todd. I'm so blessed.

On that note, let's all give a shout out to Camille and Micah. Congratulations to the soon-to-be-parents! We'll be looking forward to August 30!!

As Todd mentioned previously, my sister, Amy, recently got married in the Oakland temple.

It appears Ryder wasn't feeling the love quite like the rest of the family on the big day.

We had a fabulous time with all of my family together. The ceremony was beautiful, and it was followed up by a great party. We ate some yummy food, did a bit of dancing, caught up with old friends... good times. And Ryder was right there with us. He was a champ... laughing and smiling all night long.

Ryder really is a champ in every essence of the word. Ever since he was born he's been a great sleeper - sleeping "through the night" starting at just a few weeks of age. As a side note, does anyone know why doctors consider a five hour stretch "sleeping through the night?" That's definitely not long enough in my book. Anyway... we now have him going to sleep all on his own at 7pm and only waking once for a little snack before he wakes up for the day around 6:30am. He's also become much more mobile these days, and I can never count on him being in the same place I put him to sleep in when I get him up in the morning. The above is a midnight shot to prove my point...

And as you can all tell, our man isn't losing any weight. He's on a heavy diet of delicious foods, such as garden vegetables, turkey and sweet potatos, peaches, baby cereal, and a chocolate chip cookie or two when Grandpa Fairbanks is around... sneaky guy.

We've had a great weekend thus far, and we still have so much to look forward to. Cathy, one of Todd's sisters, is here visiting for the weekend. Now who she is visiting exactly is still up for debate, but I'm pretty sure Ryder takes the cake. However, she is currently down in San Jose with a "friend" of hers. We're pulling for you, Kevin. It's been soooo much fun to have her here!! Anyone else want to come for a visit?

We'll post some pictures from the weekend a bit later... as well as a fun video of Ryder. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

mama bear said...

What a cutie! Ryder is getting so big already, I can't believe it. And Jenny, you look awesome by the way - love the hair!