Tuesday, April 17, 2007

whatever you want

So I asked todd what I should title this post, and that's what he came up with. Clever. It's been quite some time since we've posted anything, and in the words of my sister it's been "FOR-EV-ER." I apologize. I chalk it up to life. Life has happened.

Since our last post, we've been busy with the usual things as well as a bit of the unusual. Here goes the list... basketball, school, cub scouts, church, ryder, work (that ends it for the usual), a baby shower, a trip to NorCal, a visit for me and ryder to Roseville to see Lizzy and fam, a research trip for Todd to New Orleans, a visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, a Josh Groban concert (yes, Josh Groban.... it was amazing!), new callings in church (Scout Master for Todd to add to his callings as part time youth Sunday school teacher and priest quorum teacher, and I was called as the first counselor in the primary), a great General Conference weekend in Merced (General Conference is a biannual worldwide broadcast of leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, which we are members of), ryder's first dunk under water, a Giants game for Todd, a scout pinewood derby, a ward Easter egg hunt, a FABULOUS visit from mom and dad Fairbanks and Sam (Todd's younger brother), ryder's 9mo mark, dinner with friends, and walks in the park. I think that's about it...

I won't bore you with all of the details of the above, but here are some pictures with captions in an effort to share some of these moments with you.


during our visit to Roseville, ryder had to endure his meals in lizzy's Bumbo.
the poor kid's legs were stuck in there pretty tight!



julie (my brother kevin's wife) took me on a drive through Loomis, a town near Roseville where she hopes todd and i will one day settle down. ryder and lizzy weren't too thrilled to be on the drive.

the three of us took a little vacation up the coast to Mendocino for a few days during todd's two week break in March. here's one of those great do-it-yourself shots at Glass Beach.

so... on the way, Todd insisted that we stop and pay five bucks to drive through a tree... and here it is. was it worth five bucks?
depends who you ask.


ryder is a very good traveler, but he did get a little grumpy during the seemingly nonstop driving, so i drove for a bit while todd took on the job of entertaining. i happened to glance back, and Ryder's socks were no longer on his feet.


what a great slug! ryder so wanted to pick it up and put it in his mouth, but his nervous mother would not allow it. can you blame me?

on day #2 of our trip north, we drove even a couple of more hours further north to Humboldt State Redwoods Park.... amazing. i never, ever thought i'd find trees so interesting.

i caught this photo during one of ryder's afternoon naps in hopes i would get
a few good ones to hang in his room. so cute!

ryder playing in the water at the Monterey Bay Aquarium....
he was so sad to leave his little red fish!

todd and ryder checkin' out the fish at the aquarium.

ryder and his grandpa fairbanks. ryder was thoroughly scared of Todd's dad until about day three of their visit here. that's when we caught this smile.

ryder loves grandma fairbanks!

so.... ryder learned out to take off his pants. need i say more?

this week we drove out to San Rafael to visit with some long lost friends who used to live here in the city. ryder loved playing with his buddies
Tessa and Trevin.

18 comments:

Jen said...

I love LOVE your pictures. They are all so cute. I especially love the sleeping one...it will look cute in his room. and the aquarium one, I can tell he loves water! I want to hear about the first dunk under water...

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog. Pictures are good, and with the captions, I feel like I was there with you. I know Amy will be thoroughly thrilled with your new post. By the way, Todd, I love the title.

Thanks for calling on my birthday, that really meant a lot to me. I just wish you didn't keep cutting out.

Laurel Eldredge said...

Cute pictures! Sounds like you guys are really enjoying your little guy. He is a lucky kid! I am jealous of all your traveling!!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

Hey Todd and Jenny! Your little man is a CHUNK!!! But that means there is more to love and bite. We have a spot too, thetayshus.blogspot.com if you want to check us out and put a link on your page, I will add a link to ours. later!!

Jess said...

Oh! We miss you guys so much! Ryder is so-o BIG and so-o CUTE! Thanks for sharing your wonderful memories with us. Love the Petersens

Wiseguys said...

What a cutie! Man, he looks like he should be walking and talking. It looks like you guys have been haivng fun. Wish we had something more exciting to post...graduation, that's about it!

Jenny said...

I'm loving everyone's comments! Keep them coming!! :) Sorry we got cut off, Zach. And as for the first dunk under water... we were swimming at my parents' house and I pulled under and back up real quick. It didn't even really phase him... probably since I'd been preparing him for that moment ever since he started taking baths. He loves water running over his face now. :)

Katie said...

so cute! i can't believe how big he is getting. he is adorable. it looks like you guys are having a lot of fun.

Mikey, Randi, and Gracie said...

I'm in love with your baby. Seriously. I made mike look at the pictures in hopes that he would get the fever (baby fever that is) but, even though he laughed and thought Ryder was adorable, I don't know that helped my wanting-to-be-pregnant cause yet. Oh well, someday. Meanwhile, he sooooo freaking handsome!

Tyler and Rachael said...

Definetely some super cute pictures! It sounds like all is well in the land of C.A. When was Todd in New Orleans...Tyler took a trip down there a few weekends ago for a conference.
Happy Spring:)

acte gratuit said...

Very cute! Always good to hear from you guys!!!

Your pictures made me very homesick. Rhode Island just doesn't compare to California!

Nicole said...

Cute pictures!!! I love the one with him sleeping :)
Hey you can visit our site at jeffferyandnicole.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

Yeah!!! 12 comments. That's a new record for us. And look how many new blogs I've been able to add to our list. Gotta love technology!

LindsayB said...

Hey Todd! (hi jenny too, I think we met once!) It's been forever, I found you from Krisitn. Your little guy is the cutest!!!! and I'm not just saying that. Such cute pictures. Looks like you guys are keeping busy doing such fun things. Of course I'm a nerdy mom with a blog too! lindsaybea.blogspot.com
Hopefully our paths will cross again someday.
Lindsay

Emily said...

Despite all the cute pounds o' chub, I can really see Jenny in Ryder's eyes and smile. You guys definately have one cute baby. And I ditto the comment about being jealous of all your traveling...somehow Ohio can't really compare to SF.

cameron said...

WAS THE TREE IN THE REDWOODS? IT HAD TO BE!!! I HIT A JOSH GROBEN CONCERT A COUPLE YEARS AGO. loved it!!!!!!!

Jessica said...

such cute pictures! its been awhile since i've checked your blog because i had forgotten the URL. ryder is getting so big! ethan and grace would LOVE to see the redwood forests. its so fun to hear what y'all are up to. did todd enjoy his new orleans trip?

Cami said...

Wow! I am starting to feel left out because I haven't made a comment yet. I agree with everyone that your little family of three is very good looking. And does anyone ever say that Ryder looks like Todd's dad? We would love to see you guys sometime soon. Are you by any chance going to be in Merced for mother's day?