Sunday, July 08, 2007

Eternia and Back

Team Fairbanks has had a busy couple of weeks. Right after the last blogpost, we left on a red-eye to Chicago (and then took a bus to South Bend, Indiana) to see my sister Kelly and her wonderful family. Ryder had a blast tormenting his two cute-as-a-button cousins and adjusted to the time change really well. We got to see Notre Dame's campus, played on the beach at Lake Michigan, chased fireflies at night, and hung out with Indiana's coolest residents.


Ryder has definitely proven himself as a globetrotter... in the past month he has left at least one dirty diaper in: Washington, Montana, Utah, soCal, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Canada. We got back from Indiana and made it out to the San Francisco Zoo. Ryder was a bit confused at first... although the Baby Einstein puppets animals are made with great attention to detail, they still don't quite depict the real deal. After he caught on though- he had a great time. He LOVES birds, and every time he sees a bird he says "Whoooa, Birds", the giraffe kind of ran towards us a few steps and he laughed hysterically, and there was a peacock on the loose that Ryder crawled after. If it was active and moving, Ryder liked it.


As Scoutmaster, I had the privilege of escorting 5 of our boys up to Scout camp this past week. Maybe I should have the boys call me Master Fairbanks... that sounds like an appropriate title for a scoutmaster. Speaking of Master- my niece Halle in Indiana is OBSESSED with He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. She will grab anything that remotely resembles a sword and raise it high in the air while saying "I AM A POWER" (It is supposed to be 'I Have the Power' but I let it slide because I am nice like that) then she points it at me and expects me to go through a little epileptic fit as I magically transform from Cringer to BattleCat. Definitely my idea of a good time. Anyways I was reacquainted with Prince Adam, Teela, Orco, Skeletor and the other characters from the mythical land of Eternia. It was like I had never stopped watching. I came home with a DVD of the 10 Best episodes of the series as voted by the fans. Quite possibly the best present ever. Oh yeah, scout camp ended up going really well.

I got back to The City in time to head down to Ghirardelli Square on the bayfront for the Fourth of July Fireworks. As disappointed as I was that Jenny COMPLETELY FORGOT to wish me a happy Canada Day on the First of July, I still went out to celebrate her country's birthday with her. Again, I am nice like that. In this picture of us at the fireworks, Ryder is showing off his 2 lower teeth. I am so excited that he has teeth and am actually in the process of fabricating some grillz for him down at the dental lab.


So much for this post. Hopefully you made it this far. Next week's should be a bit more entertaining. Ryder and I share a Y chromosome, a drooling problem, a smelling problem and a birthday (JULY 16), so hopefully we will have something to say about that. Until then... I HAVE THE POWER!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"By the power of Greyskull!" Todd, that 10 best episodes DVD is awesome. I bought it a couple months back and have watched it twice now. (I know, I'm a nerd) Although, I don't remember He-Man having a moral to each episode, I guess when you're five, you're not interested in the moral.
AND... I remembered Canada Day and told Amy we should call you, but we didn't... sorry man.

Owens D.C. said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip! We're such bad parents Victoria hasn't even made it to the zoo yet. Poor Tyler thinks the three birds and fish he bought her count :)

Anonymous said...

i read that they are coming out with a he-man movie this year. oh and by the way, k fed says that you need to put some ice in ryder's grill. (so that he starts a cold front when he breaths)

Anjanette said...

WOW! Your little family has been busy busy busy! What else is summer for? Sorry we didn't make it to The City while we were in Cali last weekend. I just couldn't pull myself away from Charley & the boys.

Tiff Hunt said...

Hey Todd, I hope you remember me, Tiffany Price??? I don't know how I stummbled across your blog, but I did it once before and I did it again. You have the cutest little boy!!! It looks like you are doing super good. Way to go Todd!

acte gratuit said...

HAHAHAHAHAH!
(I'm laughing. But not out loud...don't want to distract the small ones from Bob the Builder.)

Tiff Hunt said...

Todd, I am so glad that you remember me!!! I am a blog stalker, I don't have much to do early in the morning when I can't sleep. Long story. Anyway, I read most of you blog, life seems to have given you the best. Congrats. I would have loved to have met your wife. She has to be awesome, and funny no doubt.

My life is awesome. I married the love of my life and have one crazy little girl, full of personality. We moved to Utah about a year ago. Insane, I am still getting used to it here. Well, let's keep in touch. I added you to our blog list. Take care!!