I have been told that we have some catching up to do. Apparently the blog is doubling as our journal and Jenny has started freaking out that our posterity is not going to know what we did for Labour Day 2007 if I don't get off my duff and post something. The tragedy escapes me, but whatever. So before I take a step back in time to September, I have to say that if your blog is not linked on the right hand side of our blog you have every right to be offended. I think my darling wife has included EVERYONE in the blogosphere on our 'short' list.
Anyways, here goes September... (if it sounds completely fabricated then I have probably made it up because I don't really remember much about September.) So--for Labour Day weekend we hit up Jenny's brother's place in Roseville...
On Saturday, the Champ and I went to the lake with the fam and practiced our bubble-blowing. We had a great time skiing, wakeboarding, swimming and eating. Unfortunately, I can't get too excited about this whole boating thing... buying the boat, paying for gas, cleaning the boat, storing the boat, teenagers and a boat, boat accessories, seems like an expensive headache to me- in my books it sounds even worse than having a dog. (I fully realize that these comments may incite riots in the boat-lover, dog-lover and boat-dog-lover communities.)
It takes a really comfortable man to pull off a pink lifejacket... Ryder's wild tube ride with his CRAZY cousins was cut short thanks to some jerk ranger in a speedboat. The laws of this country even govern the champ.
For some reason, Blogger wouldn't upload our rafting photos, but Monday Jenny's brother, brother-in-law and myself went whitewater rafting on the Middle Fork of the American River. Anyways, it was a blast, we braved the rapids and came through wanting more. Next year...After our rafting adventure, we found the girls in the middle of a High School Musical marathon at home. We saved them and took them out to dinner at a Cafe Rio knockoff (pictured above- no names included to protect the innocent) before heading back to the City. There you have it posterity... Labour Day 2007.
As Jenny wasn't featured more prominently in this post, here she is in all her glory... The story behind this picture is actually pretty funny. Jenny needed a 'professional looking' picture for a presentation for her company. She wanted it taken out in the courtyard of our complex in the ivy for a more pleasant background. Unfortunately, we couldn't get a good picture of her and the ivy without capturing a few of the 3,000 moldy toys that litter the ground of our courtyard. So she climbed up into the ivy and squatted down for the picture- a most precarious position I might add. Sure enough, halfway through the photoshoot (and just before the swimsuit segment) a cute little Korean couple came down the stairs to see my lovely wife squatting in the ivy and me snapping photos of her. They must have a confused perception of what Americans do in their spare time.
7 comments:
yes, thank you for updating your blog! i have been waiting!:) :) anyways, as always, your pictures are so cute, and you guys always seem to stay so busy doing fun stuff!:)
Aw, the Fairbanks are so darn cute. Life looks good for the little posse...
this post is so funny, while scott is watching the world series, i am sitting here laughing out loud reading this.
So fun to read! Todd, you're so witty. Jenny, it was so fun talking to you the other day! We need to do that more often. I love checking your blog to see what you guys have been up to.
You spelled labOr wrong Todd... :)
you guys look so great! when are we going to see you here in UTAH????We miss you!Austin wants to meet his ery handsome cousin. can't wait to see halloween pictures!
cristina wise
Such a cute family you are! Loved the squatting picture story! And Guess what you've been tagged! If you haven't been tagged before You can check my blog for details!
Post a Comment