Sunday, December 09, 2007

chocolate cake

We are still here.... alive and well. I'm sorry we've been neglecting the blog lately. Life has gotten in the way, and somehow blog posts have worked their way down on the list of priorities. Unbelievable, I know. But we are doing great and filling our days with adventures. I promise to do a massive update over Christmas break.... but until then, here are a few pictures and thoughts to keep you company.

We've made it down to Union Square three times within the last two weeks. I love all of the holiday decorations and festivities! Ryder especially loved the live kittens in the Macy's holiday windows.

With the busyness of the season it would seem right for the everyday activities of life to mellow out a bit, but such is not the case here. Work seems to be extra busy right now. A couple of days ago I got an early morning call from Germany (where my client is globally based) with a request for a US coverage and press release report ASAP. So, being the good mother that I am, I let Ryder have free reign of the house while I was busily trying to get things done. He did pretty well and even ended up getting his own breakfast......

"mmmmm, this stuff tastes pretty good..."

"oh wow, this is heavenly. i wonder if mom knows how good this stuff really is!"

"maybe i'll just get myself one more bite. mom probably won't notice... i've been pretty clean."

"oh, there you are. no, I haven't been doing anything at all...."

"okay, so i tried a bit of the chocolate cake. it's so yummy. did you know it tastes better when you stuff both cheeks full at the same time. you should try it, mom..."

the damage.

It probably wasn't ryder's healthiest of breakfasts, but this is honestly the only time he's ever had cake this early in the day (and probably only the third time he's tried it ever). And I was able to get done what I needed to, so our day started out just great.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have been wondering where you have been!:) anyways, those are cute pictures. i'm sure he was in heaven with the chocolate cake!! :)

Mike and Kelly said...

What I love is that he is so focused that he did not even notice you taking pictures. But he is a good kid.... Mine would have pulled the plate down, and downed the whole cake, smearing it everywhere. What a smart boy.

Owens D.C. said...

Yeah, you're back! Too cute and if Victoria wasn't full of food allergies maybe she'd get some cake to, her first bday is coming in only two weeks...super fast. I might be coming your way in Feb...so be on the look out!

Wiseguys said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only mom that allows my children to eat sugar! I am totally for anything that keeps kids happy without causing them permanent harm or injury! He's soo cute and getting so big!!

Owens D.C. said...

Loved the card and I'll for sure be coming your way in Feb, hopefully I can bug ya :)

Have a Merry Christmas!