First of all, April 26 marked the day my little sister Angie was married in the Alberta Temple. We were very excited to go home and visit the family (everyone was home for the wedding). We took a late flight out of SFO after class on Wednesday on a rather small plane. There were just two seats on each side of the aisle, so Ryder and I took up a row and let the trophy wife relax Ryder-free in the back of the plane. An hour into the flight, everyone around us was sound asleep and Ryder was quietly watching He-Man on his DVD player with the headphones on. Without warning he raised his sippy above his head and yelled in unison with He-Man "I have the power" at the top of his excited little boy lungs. That startled everyone one around us and led to a mixed reaction of grins, giggles and glares. In case you were wondering though... Ryder DOES have the power.
When we landed in Calgary it was -10 degrees and snowing. OH, CANADA!!!
Things at home were BUSY... but good. Ryder had fun with aunts and cousins... a little too much fun at times. I went to lunch with a buddy and came home to the Champ wearing a veil, clip-on earrings, and all the aunts giggling as they snapped photos. He'd be a wreck without me. We spent so much time preparing for the reception and dinner etc. that I didn't even turn on the Wii (definitely my biggest regret of 2008 to date). Below are some family pics from the wedding. The ceremony was very nice, the weather ended up agreeing with us and we even like the groom. That's 3 for 3 in case you were counting.
The fam, including the unborn prominence in Jenny's abdomen, waiting for the bride and groom. The designer shades set Jenny apart as the coolest person there (like she needs it!). P.S. She's taken. (That's niece Maddie in the background giving a rather sultry gaze from beneath those purple-rimmed spectacles)
The Fairbanks Family. As you may appreciate, the incredible hulk that is my 19 year old brother Sam has come to dominate the family skyline. With Sam at 6'5", dad and the new addition Alan at 6'4", I have only brother-in-law Mike, 5'2" or something, to look down on. Ha! Sucks to be Mike.
Here are the beautiful Fairbanks girls. Take a good look at the bookends... they are still available, and I can totally hook you up* - no problem. (*if you are a motivated, card-carrying member making over $150 K/year, moderately good looking and at least 6'3" with proven athletic ability.)
Kickin' it at the reception with a couple of the good ol' boys. Clark is available too - man I am rapidly becoming a matchmaker - second from the right... let me know.
5 comments:
That was a lovely wedding, and a seemingly accurate recap. Especially the bit about Incredible Hulk.
Oh, and I am honoured to have made "the list." I have bit of updating to do, myself.
Wow, you guys are busy! The wedding looks like it was wonderful and your family looks awesome
ahhh... yet another blogging infusion of pure testosterone. keep it up todd, the blogosphere is dominated by the likes of the finer sex and it is good to read the ruminations of one who posesses and fully utilizes his y chromosome (2 for 2, dude that is awesome).
whoa!! second counselor?!! what' next general authority? haha. Jen, you look awesome and I am definitely jealous that you look better pregnant than I do with a three year old behind me.
i'm sure the sisters are loving you putting them up for grabs on the internet. i talked to clark the other day and the girl i've been seeing him with. (i move back to raymond and in 1 week and i am right in on everybody else's business, it's great.)
Post a Comment