Wednesday, July 16, 2008

happy, happy birthday

two years ago i gave todd the best birthday gift he will ever receive.... a baby boy. today is both todd's and ryder's birthdays. yeah! happy birthday to my two favorite boys!

todd and ryder enjoying breakfast in bed this morning.... fresh cut watermelon and strawberries, scrambled eggs with cheese, toast and apple juice. todd's love of bacon was held off for dinner.... blts, per todd's request.


you've got to love the elmo birthday hats! the top of the hat reads 'yippee,' which became ryder's favorite word of the day..... saying it over and over again.


ryder with his presents from mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, nanna and papa. yes, the wrapping paper is mostly Christmas paper. i think i've had these papers since we moved here to sf, and i need to get rid of them!

"hmmm, fire and frosting. what more could i ask for?" i love ryder's facial expression here. so.... what does ryder's cake look like to you? a flower? NO WAY. but there is a little 2 year old boy who thought it looked like a flower. :(


the happy family.

terrible twos, watch out!

ryder's birthday winnings include a t-ball set, thomas the train, harold the helicopter, percy the train (thanks, Bella!), the wonder pets fly boat and figurines, a puzzle, a blanket, a shirt, a few play animals and lots of hugs and kisses.
todd's winnings?.... my love. what could be better?
*note: many of my friends (yes, YOU) are very talented cake decorators. unfortunately, such a talent is not currently one of my blessings.... so please ignore the poor blue clues cake attempt.

5 comments:

Mikey, Randi, and Gracie said...

What?! I LOVED the blues clues cake. I totally thought that's what it was...not a flower. Good job. And, I also love Ryder's face in all the pictures. He has the best smile-for-the-camera face. Awesome.

Anjanette said...

I thin it's a great cake. And...oh dear...that smile of his gets me every time!

Gruwells said...

Happy Happy Birthday Fairbanks Boys! I was just thinking of you today! We love you all and can't wait to see you SOON! And I couldn't agree more- it is a fabulous cake- Blues Clues all the way...I love it!

Jessica said...

i TOTALLY thought it was a blue's clues cake. the color alone is a dead giveaway! it looks like y'all had a fun time. ryder is SO CUTE!

Camille said...

Well I could tell it was a paw print, though I don't know who blue is or what he means by having so many clues. Maybe I will find out once I'm a mother?

At any rate, happy birthday to the boys, and good luck on the home stretch of your pregnancy.