Saturday, September 06, 2008

Reality Check

So I've gone through a sort of reality check lately. Let me fill you in on a few things I've come to understand...

1. There are only two months of the year here in San Fran that my hair even has the remote chance of looking somewhat how I want it to.... those months are September and October when the fog is gone and the air is dry. Oh how I cherish these months. We can break out the pool, wear shorts and leave the hair down in full faith.


2. My 'little boy' isn't so little anymore. Ryder used the potty for the first time this week.... I guess we're heading down the path of potty training whether we're ready or not. Any words of wisdom?


3. Cannon is following in his brother's footsteps and is sure to be large and in charge. We're not quite sure if the little guy will grow to be 6'12'', as it is predicted for Ryder... but he's heading that way with a 3 1/2 week weight of 11 pounds 9 ounces.


4. Sleep is everything.... and I have nothing.

5. I've fallen in love again.... with butter. Growing up, I could never really tell the difference between margarine and butter.... or whether it was even there or not. Even into my early twenties butter wasn't a factor for me. Oh, how that has changed. I love butter.... especially on a nice, warm homemade bran muffin. Yum.


6. It's more than possible to feel so lonely even when you're surrounded by people.... but oh how these two little guys help to fill the void.


7. Clothing is so overrated.


8. Kids are indestructible.... almost. Check out that goose egg! A lesson Ryder learned - Bella doesn't always want a hug. And she showed him! ;)


9. Lounging is our life... and is sure to continue to be so for some time to come.


And that's all for now. I'm sure I've made other realizations that just haven't been fully internalized yet... I'll let you know when those surface.

5 comments:

B&K said...

Jenny- I absolutely adored your blog post... I'm pretty excited about letting my hair down for the next two months haha! Thanks for the laughs, cute pics, and giving us a sneak peak of your life hehe!

Mikey, Randi, and Gracie said...

I hear ya. I live in Alaska,there's only like one month that I can even wear anything besides a sweater, let alone do my hair. yuck. And, I also agree about the butter. I have tried, and I literally cannot get myself to buy anything but real butter. It is so much better on everything and in recipes.

Lisa and Mark said...

I love to see the pictures of the boys! I'm just noticing how great SF can be in Sept/Oct... only to make it that much harder for the other 10 months of the year for the next 3 years. :( Coats. At least I have coats...

mm said...

Jenny,

You have such beautiful children, what a family you have :)

Nancy said...

ryder's going to be 7 feet tall? awesome.