Wow. We're done. Todd has officially graduated from the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry. It's all very surreal. The day was beautiful. I can't begin to express the deep sense of gratitude, pride and love that went through my heart, soul and mind today. I don't have the words. It was all so overwhelming... such a novel feeling. But I loved it. And I love Todd.
We truly had a wonderful day. Todd was selected to give the student commencement speech (...without solicitation on his part. He is definitely not the type to seek after such a responsibility!... too much pressure.). He did amazing. He didn't even touch his nose or play with the microphone once! (His signs of nervousness.) I now just need to figure out how to get the recording from my old-school mini-DV tape to a video clip to share with those of you who are really interested. (Anyone know how to do this?) His words were perfect - personal but approachable. Tender but strong. Insightful but witty. He even cried. And my husband is NOT a crier. I love him.
We had a perfect weekend with family - some packing, a pre-grad party at AT&T park (Go Giants!), a morning at graduation, an afternoon at the reception and an evening outside San Francisco's Conservatory of Flowers.
We have much to be grateful for. We load up the truck and leave for the Northwest tomorrow. But that's all I'm going to say on that subject for now.... I don't feel like ruining this day with a teary breakdown right before bed. That would just give me a headache in the morning.
16 comments:
Congrats guys, we are so proud of you. Good luck on the move and we will see you hopefully in Seattle sometime soon.
how exciting! good luck with the move. can't wait to hear from you guys once you are settled in seattle! :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! SO WONDERFUL! so what is next in seattle? SO FUN FOR YOU BOTH!!!!
Congratulations! Man, that day is so far off for us right now (seeing as how Rand will start dental school in two years!) And I love that you hit up the Giants game to celebrate...Utah really needs a professional team other than the Jazz. :o)
Good luck with starting the next phase!
Congrats! Way to finish another round of school! That takes hard work! We're excited to see you guys at the reunion! Good luck with the move.
Congrats! I hope that you travel safe and what an adventure head :)
:( i'm so sad!!!! glad graduation was nice, though. hope moving went well. we'll miss you!!!
sorry, todd. crying, even if at graduation, is automatic cause for revoking your man card.
Congrats!
oh my. congrats to todd and good luck with the move!
Congrats and good luck! Hope everything goes well with the move.
We are so proud of Todd! Sounds like you've had a fun weekend. Wish we could have been there.
I do know how to get the video off your video camera...you need a firewire cable if your computer has a firewire jack. Then it will just upload. Call me if you have questions.
Love you!
That's so wonderful! Congratulations to both of you---I know it's hard work for the whole family to get one person through dental school.
As far as teary breakdowns go...I know your pain. Truly. I have them many times a year, every time I have to leave my loved ones. Even leaving Canada is hard on me. Heaven has got to be everyone together. It just has to.
Anyway, I'm happy for you guys!
Jen,
I know the feelings so well. The gratitude and love and pride that swells up inside. We were thinking of you and Todd all weekend. Mom and Dad said everything was wonderful!!! I hope you got my message....we'll talk to you soon! I want every detail!!
Love you much.
yeah! congrats Todd!
So...are you going to trade in your Giants orange & black for Mariner blue, green & silver? (tough question, I know).
Congrats Todd, job well done! Good luck in residency, I know you'll love Seattle. We have some friends who just moved to Bothel, where are you living?
Post a Comment