Thursday, January 14, 2010

yesterday


Cannon screamed in his bed and refused to take his morning nap.

My boys watched the Cars movie AND sat in front of PBS for way too long.

I was up and down in front of my computer working practically all day.

We did make it to music class, but we were late and Ryder threw a fit the whole time.

Cannon was grumpy and fussy all day long, which was a preview to his fever that would arise in the middle of the night.

I rushed to Costco with the two little grumpy boys at the 4pm hour - never a good idea - and ended up having to go back today anyway, as they were out of what I needed.

Todd rescued me by coming home in time to make dinner before I headed out to a Relief Society meeting.

I came home and worked on those still unfinished Christmas cards.

---

The above is quite a contrast to the previous post, eh?

I am still thankful to be a mom. I may have been tempted to list them on Craigslist once or twice, but that has to do more with my own issues than them. It was just an all around not-so-fun day.... until the evening. My couple of hours away were motivating. Uplifting.

You may (or may not) be interested to know - the Relief Society meeting I attended was on balancing your priorities and a bit on what those priorities should be. I learned a lot. And it was reconfirmed to me how amazing the women around me are. They inspire me to be better - in a good way, not in a "beat myself up, I'm the dirt of the earth" sort of way.

Will the hardships of yesterday ever happen again?

Probably.

But I'm going to try to be better.

7 comments:

Diana Hulme said...

haha! that picture is awesome. i'm going to have to show dan, he'll love it. :)

we sure miss you guys!

Camille said...

Curse Costco at 4:00 PM. Your children are beautiful. You've inspired me to start thinking about looking for reals for my battery charger to my camera, or to just get a new camera.

Jen said...

Oh, I dread days like that. Glad you had a good time at your meeting, sounds like you had a little bit of refreshment(spiritually). I love love the picture of Ryder, it made me laugh.

Ryan and Julene Stoianowski said...

What camera do you have? I really want to save to get a good camera to take really quality pictures and yours look amazing! (Im sure the photographer helps too:)

Kinsey said...

I haven't done my Christmas cards yet either! :) Loved this post.

Anonymous said...

jenny, what a great post! i know your day was a crazy one, but it made my day to read that i'm not alone! and so glad that you got a pick me up when you needed it. and i love the top picture! is that a toy razor? where did you get it?! andrew and levi would love them!

Jodee said...

That made me smile! I am glad your day ended well at the least!