You're not even going to recognize these two boys. They're no longer little. They're no longer my babies. What happened?!?! Life happens, I guess. One thing my two not-so-little-ones have taught me already is - try, try soak in the little moments. Soak them in like a sponge and never, ever forget.
I love each of these snapshots from today..... each one says something different about my boys and our time together. It was cold and rainy this afternoon, but we had to get out. So, we headed out to the front for some bubble magic. In February. In the rain. My neighbor was laughing at us.... and then she brought out her automatic bubble blower, and the party really got started!
The only picture missing is the one of Cannon falling over the edge into the bushes - to the left in the above pics. About a 2 ft drop. I didn't stop to take a picture of that before rescuing him - all covered in sticks, dirt and prickly things. Poor boy. No worries, though. He's fine.
Warning - picture overload. I just got a new lens (happy birthday/Christmas/New years/life to me!), and I went a bit overboard in trying it out today.... And Todd just kindly asked that I add here - he sent his year's Christmas, birthday and play money to Haiti and I spent mine on a lens. He's the noble one in our relationship.
Pure joy.
This is what got Canny in trouble. His swinging feet threw him overboard.
I can't get enough of that expression!
Stomping every last one!
With dozens and dozens of bubbles to choose from, Cannon had to go after the one down on the rainy step.
First, he had to examine it.... and then he had to stomp on it. It's the boy thing to do.
Ryder liked stomping as well... but he also liked 'eating.'
Of course, Cannon also liked making a mess and getting his hands in everything. But what 18 month old boy doesn't?!
I love my boys!
18 comments:
I'm in love with your boys! SOOO adorable! They are like little men! I love it! I also am in love with your lens! Holy cow! What kind is it?
What fun! Love the pictures!
Those pictures are awesome!! Loving that first one with the bubbles in focus. Soooo cool! And yes your boys are getting sooo big! Makes me sad, I wish we could see you guys more. Love you!
The boys really are so big and Jen, you definitely have a talent for taking pictures. So cute!
How fun! Both of your boys are super cute! I love moments like that, when you take time to stop and enjoy playing with your kids. It's what makes being a mom so much fun!
what lens did you get, jenny? we have a canon, and i'm in the market...
jenny, those pictures are SO good! love each and every one of them! your boys are so cute and have such a fun mom.:)
The pictures are AMAZING! Really in focus and the colors just pop. I love the reds. What lens did you get? And Todd was looking at the pictures of Ryder and he was like "who is that?" He didn't even recognize him with all that hair and growing he has done since the summer. When Zack was little, I just wanted him big. Now I would give anything to have him tiny and snugly again.
Thanks for your cute Christmas card. Your family is so cute! Sorry for all the rain up there- I really don't miss it! I love looking at your blogs. Hope all is well-
Love, Aunt Michelle
Don't blink....they'll be getting baptized, have crushes on boys at school (or girls in your case), roll their eyes at you, and have algebra homework that drives them and you crazy! It's amazing how time passes, and wonderful at the same time. The trick really is to stop running, cleaning, parenting and just hug and kiss them. Thanks for the reminder Jen! The pictures are beautiful. And tell Todd we think he is so very noble. :)
Love you! Kiss the little boys for me.......
Love the pictures!! And the facial expressions. And their hats. And Cannon's jacket!! So cute. What a fun afternoon and a good reminder to enjoy the little things on ordinary days.
All the pictures are great, but the first one is my favourite...it's breathtaking!
(Don't feel bad...I donated eight pairs of used shoes to Haiti, but I could not part with my monthly fun money. And I don't even have an awesome lens to show for it!)
ohhhh Jenny! Great pictures. Those boys are too cute (which doesn't come as a shock to me- he comes from great looking people!)
PS. That last picture looks like it belongs on an ad for Canada. Ha. Love those little teeth just barely poking out.
Jenny I love the pics! And I want to know, too - what lens did you get? :)
HEY you've got a great eye for photography! The pictures are great and of coarse your subjects are cuter than ever.
super darling--
Yes, Ryder and Nigel would definitely be friends! Also, how did you choose what camera and know what lens to buy?! My 100% film shooter brother in law has me totally confused over whether to go digital or film. Either way there's a huge learning curve for me so for now I stick to the google phone camera...
jenny fantastic photos you're getting so great at photography! i am also interested in which lens.
Post a Comment