Friday, April 23, 2010

the last days

Here's what we were up to during our last days of life in the city...


An A's tailgate party with friends from school.


Inside the stadium for one last A's baseball game. We actually weren't and aren't huge A's fans. Our hearts remain with the Giants. But we did make it out to a handful of games while living in the Bay Area.... and Ryder's first pro game was an A's one - box seats sponsored by my work when Ryder was two weeks old!


A rare night away from the kids. I remember not really knowing what to do with myself as I just sat there watching the game.


It was a BEAUTIFUL night!


One last playdate with Bella.


I think we may try and "arrange" something post-mission. Bella is Ryder's one true love. ;)


One last shuttle ride down to see daddy!


One last family picture in Todd's cubicle... on Todd's last day in clinic!


I don't think Todd misses this building too much.


UCSF campus... I still remember my first feelings and thoughts as we drove up to to this place to get our housing key almost five years ago. And then it really became home to us. It's amazing how life happens.


We did LOTS of cleaning... and I was very lucky to have two very willing "helpers."


On our last morning, I ran away with the grandmas and the boys to music class as Todd and his very supportive buddies and two amazing fathers packed the truck. We were lucky to take music class with Emily and Annie that last semester! We miss you guys!!

Next up, graduation.

1 comment:

Gruwells said...

I love looking at all these pictures! Makes me miss home...seeing pics of San Fran, Carmel, all of you and Cinda's gang! Makes me miss it a lot....

Isn't it crazy how life can be full of so many good things, and then move on to the next stage, and the next.....the heart is always so conflicted over leaving life behind while embraces what lies ahead. Thank goodness for a Heavenly Father who blesses us so much along the way.

Love you!