The big boys were cleaning up toys and getting ready for movie night this week (what better way to round your night off than with a good ol' classic - Chip n' Dale?), and from his comfy, perched position on the couch Cannon said, "Mom, I've got a great idea! Why don't you clean that up over there? I can't do it. I'm just too strong."
Have I gone soft? I just went in and cuddled Hudson as he was fussing in his bed. The boy should be sleeping. But he's crying. I would never have gone in after feeding, changing and singing to Ryder and Cannon when they were babies. We were on a strict schedule. For some reason, Hudson seems to be an exception.
Isn't it great when you try something new and it turns out better than you expected? Whether that be a design/project, a meal, an image... it just feels great! The mailman delivered happiness today (thurs). :)
Hudson is CRAWLING. Well, basically. He's very close to discovering the usefulness of his knees. One morning this week he got stuck on the bottom portion of the exersaucer. It's a whole new world around here.
The babe is crawling all over the place yet he can't sit up on his own. One day. I'm sure he'll master it by the time preschool rolls around.
I just can't do it all. I can't do everything I want to do in a day. After 7 months with three boys, I'm still trying to learn my limitations. But somehow, at the end of most days I still end up feeling discouraged and disappointed in myself for not accomplishing more. I so want to put my energy to where it matters most... towards the things that will build my family up and make us stronger, bring us closer together and closer to our Father in Heaven and Savior. But it's hard to say no when everyone else seems to be balancing it all okay. I know - the key word is seems. I'm trying to teach myself how to be happy and content with what I can do at this stage of life. And make sure those things are the ones that count. But it's hard. I'm learning to say no. Does anyone else feel this way?
Is anyone else longing for warm, sunny days? We had a few beautiful ones last week, and oh, it was heavenly. I just love the feeling I get when, after a long stretch of rain, I get to watch my boys grin ear-to-ear and run as fast as they can towards a park playground. Happy freedom.

The end.
Isn't it great when you try something new and it turns out better than you expected? Whether that be a design/project, a meal, an image... it just feels great! The mailman delivered happiness today (thurs). :)
Hudson is CRAWLING. Well, basically. He's very close to discovering the usefulness of his knees. One morning this week he got stuck on the bottom portion of the exersaucer. It's a whole new world around here.
The babe is crawling all over the place yet he can't sit up on his own. One day. I'm sure he'll master it by the time preschool rolls around.
I just can't do it all. I can't do everything I want to do in a day. After 7 months with three boys, I'm still trying to learn my limitations. But somehow, at the end of most days I still end up feeling discouraged and disappointed in myself for not accomplishing more. I so want to put my energy to where it matters most... towards the things that will build my family up and make us stronger, bring us closer together and closer to our Father in Heaven and Savior. But it's hard to say no when everyone else seems to be balancing it all okay. I know - the key word is seems. I'm trying to teach myself how to be happy and content with what I can do at this stage of life. And make sure those things are the ones that count. But it's hard. I'm learning to say no. Does anyone else feel this way?
Is anyone else longing for warm, sunny days? We had a few beautiful ones last week, and oh, it was heavenly. I just love the feeling I get when, after a long stretch of rain, I get to watch my boys grin ear-to-ear and run as fast as they can towards a park playground. Happy freedom.

The end.

4 comments:
I feel exactly the same way EVERY day. I've decided to just try and do one thing each day that I can feel good about when I go to sleep at night. It's something totally different and probably inconsequential, but it's helping me not feel so overwhelmed. You look gorgeous and happy and like you have it all together to me! Good luck! Sending happy thoughts!
Paragraph 6 - I feel exactly the same way! Trying to figure out our new priorities each day and saying no is next to impossible for me. I have a feeling we can do it though!
I love the Easter Pictures. You are all so cute, I love you guys! And Hudson's shirt in this post is completely true.
So cute! Yes, I feel the same and having medical problems makes it much worse. The guilt for accomplishing bare minimum just has to be outweighed by the Spirit and knowing the Lord has all my intentions known.
Post a Comment