It sure is nice to have Todd around! He had a day off today, and he went to the grocery store for me, took the garbage out, did the dishes, visited Ryder's school, played a ton with the boys, helped fold laundry and even put a few stitches in Cannon's head.
So what happens when your child cuts his head open at home? Numb him up, setup shop on the dinner table and sew him up.
Cannon was taking a lap around the island just before we made it outside to play when he slipped and crashed into the art table. I looked down, and blood was gushing from his head.
The cut was pretty deep. According to Dr. Dad, the cut went down to the layer just above the skull. Poor Cannon.
But he was so brave! And Todd was so great with him!! It's a good thing Todd stocked our first aid kit with extra strength topical anesthetic, sutures, needles and surgical scissors.
Dr. Dad put in four stitches, while I held tight to Cannons arms and head and tried to distract him by talking about the color of my eyes.
And of course moments after wrapping up, Cannon was back to his funny self.
And of course moments after wrapping up, Cannon was back to his funny self.





2 comments:
What a good Dad!! I need that kind of kit too :)
My Kate got stitches in about the same spot when she was one. I love having a Dr. Dad around to perform the surgery, but I hate being Nurse Mom and trying to hold the baby still. Cannon looks like he made out pretty well!
Post a Comment