Sunday, June 26, 2011

Friday's {Unloaded} - on Sunday

I cried this morning. Todd's mom has been here with us this past week, and it was so wonderful! The little boys and I took her to the airport this morning, and as I watched her walk away, I started to panic (and cry)... thinking... "Now, what am I supposed to do? I can't do this on my own!" She was so very good to us and carried us through the craziness.

After three visits to the dr in three days, a few puffs from the inhaler, a few rounds with the nebulizer and a steroid treatment, we did manage to avoid a visit to the hospital and Hudson is feeling much better.

Hudson is now 9 months old! Yay! He's 23 lbs 8 oz and his height is that of a 17 month old.

Hudson is such a happy baby! Nursing has been hard these past 5+ weeks. It really began at about 6 months of age when he started solids. But we are persisting, and this recent illness may have renewed his love for milk. Let's hope so, anyway. I'm far from ready to give it up.

The week was crazy busy for work... I'm ready for July 1 to be here already. But the press meetings went well, and with a few early mornings, late nights and weekend hours, we're making it through.

We move this week. I haven't started packing yet.

As I was driving through town the other day, I started to feel sad about leaving our home and very grateful that we have the chance to come back. It's no secret that this isn't our most favorite place to live... but it has become home, and I would be so sad if we were saying goodbye for good.

Ryder and Cannon have been playing so well together lately. They have their brotherly-love moments, of course. Like any siblings do. But I do love to see them play and interact and imagine together.

Want to know a desire/goal of mine? I would love to photograph a birth story. I yearn for the chance to capture such a beautiful, tender, real time of life. I melt every time I see another's birth story told in images. You can bet I'll have a photographer join us next delivery. If you're pregnant and willing to invite a very non-intrusive visitor into your delivery room... I'd love you forever and would gratefully accept the opportunity to capture those special moments.

It's sunny. I love it. Cannon doesn't... in the car on our return from the airport, Cannon said in a loud angry voice, "Mom, I DON'T like the sun! It's getting me!"

Happy Sunday to all of you! I hope you're enjoying some quality family time. I am snuggling a clingy baby, reading books, watching VeggieTales and looking forward to our afternoon walk. Stop on by later tonight, and I'll have some more of baby Heidi to share with you.

The end.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm still sooooo sad I didn't have my friend photograph Addi's birth. You can FOR SURE come photograph my next one if you want. :)

Jen said...

I'm so sorry about Hudson! Glad he is feeling better and nursing well again. Good luck with your move! You are welcome to photgraph my next birth, if I ever have another. Just forget all the screaming and crying, among other things. Miss you!

Anjanette said...

You have no idea how much I wish I could have a natural birth for the sole purpose of looking back on the pictures. I can imagine that in the heat of the moment the last thing I'd want would be a camera in the room, but days or weeks or months later I know it would be magical!

But alas, I am a csection mama. These hips don't lie...no baby is getting threw them.

Oh and I miss you. Come visit us! We have plenty of sun to share. I'm sure we could convert Cannon.

Anjanette said...

*make that "through" them. Silly me.