Once again, I'm catching up a couple of days late. You probably didn't notice, but I did even miss a week. I blame it on life. Plain and simple.
Here's the latest ramblings of my mind in 10 minutes or less...
I CANNOT believe I am the mother of a FIVE YEAR OLD! Say what? Yes, a five year old. Oh, how I love that little big guy.
Portland is a beautiful yet strange town. We've met many wonderful people... and have come across even more who seem to see the world very differently than I do.
I miss the familiarity and comforts of home in Washington. But I do LOVE having a one-floor apartment with my washer and dryer right next to the master bedroom.
I love being a mom. As all of you are well aware, motherhood has its challenges. But oh, how I love it! I love the spirit and joy that fills my soul when I stop and think about my love for my boys and my everyday adventures with them.
Thinking about that love... this morning I started feeling a little sad about what life will be like when my boys are married and gone and doesn't seem to need me anymore. Please reassure me, a boy always needs his mother, right?
Our life in the pool reminds me so much of my childhood.... pool hopping around the neighborhood; eating, breathing
and sleeping in my swimming suit; picking raspberries in the orchard in bare feet and a dripping suit on; and popsicles melting faster than anyone could eat them... leaving little colorful circles around the patio. Being a kid is the best!
Why on earth does Portland have a 50mph speed limit on the freeway? And I thought Seattle was on the slow side?!
I'm so grateful the press tour is over. Work is busy but good. I head to New Jersey for two days in about a week. I'm nervous about leaving the boys behind... I've been away overnight from Ryder only twice and Cannon only once. Hudson, never. Any time I am away, I find myself aching to return. Please pray that my 48 hour absence will pass quickly.
The end.
1 comment:
21st street if full of eye catching people, but some amazing specialty food shops :). I have only left V to deliver H and that is not good, so even though your heart will ache what a great 48 hr break...we'll keep ya in our prayers!
Post a Comment