Sunday, July 10, 2011

What We've Been Up to

Mostly a lot of this...









We're now in Portland, living in our luxurious apartment. The poor kids are always confused when we're out and about and I say, "Okay, let's go home..." They invariably ask "What home? The apartment home in Portland? Or our house?" Cute boys.

The two eldest are obsessed with knights right now. Ryder also has a love for ninjas, but I'm trying to divert his attention elsewhere. For some reason, knights fighting each other with heavy armor and sharp swords seems better than ninjas jumping all over the room with a dozen different scary sharp objects. Maybe it's because, in my mind, I see knights as noble, worthy beings on grand, benevolent quests... and I view ninjas as mostly violent and mean. Hmmm...

In any case, we're doing well. Todd is working crazy hard... his first week was 5 days on call out of 7, with a 20 hour work day followed by 3 1/2 hrs of sleep and a 12 hr work day. We went to the beach this weekend, and I worry that it tortured him more than it gave him joy. The poor guy.

Oh, how I love when he is home. It's worth being here... even if we only get him for 4 hours of sleep at night.

Stay tuned for a tour of our new home.

P.S. Thanks, mom, for sending the new knight legos! As you can clearly see, they adore them!

1 comment:

jhoopes said...

So fun to catch up with the Fairbanks!! Glad to know you made it safely and are settling in nicely. :) We think of you guys often. Thanks for keeping us posted up here!!