Friday, October 14, 2011

I got a little something in the mail today - my first iPhone. Please do tell me - what are your favorite apps? Favorite apps for kids?

I'm a little excited about this. I think having access to work email while out and about will greatly decrease my stress levels. (Or maybe it'll have the opposite affect... we shall see).

We're heading to the BYU football game today. Yay! Go Cougs!

Hudson is starting to walk. He's constantly standing up in the middle of the room and taking 3-5 steps and then flopping down. I'm trying to hold him off. It makes me sad to think of him learning to walk while Todd is away. :(

Ryder is going on DAY #7 of a fever. Yikes! But we visited the doctor this AM, and everything checked out fine. No bladder infection. No strep throat. No ear infection. Just a nasty cold. My goodness, this boy and his fevers!

As a result of the high temps, Ryder had to miss his first bus ride and field trip to the pumpkin patch today. So, so sad. So very sad. We will attempt to make it up to him with many fun fall adventures.

We only have two weeks until Todd moves home! I can't tell you how excited I am. I miss him (and the kids do too) so very much!
I'm off to pack. Happy Friday to you all!!

The end.
 

4 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

I'm waiting for people to comment because I just got an iPod touch and need apps too. I did get a bubble popper one and a breastfeeding tracker.

Jenny said...

Sorry, Lisa, but I think commenting is few and far between here... I think I may send out a mass email requesting app suggestions. There are thousands out there, and I just just want someone to tell me what's useful... I'll let you know what i find out, if anything. :)

jhoopes said...

Welcome to the status of imom. :) We will have to chat about apps. There's tons of fun games for kids! (And useful ones for us, too!)

Diana said...

Jenny! We are loving the bay area!! :)

Some of my favorite apps are:

1. Urbanspoon: It spits out restaurants in your area by price, location, cuisine or all three. It also provides user reviews so you know what is yummy. So good, especially if you are indecisive about where to go out for date night.

2. Redbox: You can see all the Redbox movies and shows the nearest location of a movie and if it's available or not at a certain location.

3. Fandango: You can see theaters and movie times, etc.

4. 7 Little Words: A really fun brain teaser game that I love.

5. Angry Birds, Cover Orange and Sally's Spa are my some of my favorite games too. xoxo!