Thursday, October 27, 2005

Question of the day?

So... when I sent out an email a week or so ago telling friends and family about our new blog, I received several replies with the response, "How fun, but I don't know what a blog is..." For those of you who do not know the answer, check out this article on eWeek's Web site. (I know... eWeek is somewhat of a techy publication - don't worry, I don't read it regularly for fun. It comes with the job.)

In short, Sarah Witt defines a blog as an "opinionated media digest" or "an online version of a personal journal, complete with photos, diary entries, essays..." But, you can read for yourself, if you'd like. My opinion: Blogs are dramatically changing mainstream media. If you want to stay away from them now, that's perfectly okay. But eventually a great amount of online news will be generated via blogs, so they might be worth getting use to.

No comments: