Sunday, July 02, 2006

Update Time

Well, ticker fans everywhere... the baby has officially dropped. Jenny's tummy size has dropped too- to 41". Jenny's obstetrician told Jen that the baby has dropped, she is dilated 2 cm and effaced 70%. So that means that she could deliver anytime now (although she could persist in this 'prelabour' state for another few weeks- its kind of a guessing game). Jenny has been doing squats in the living room, taking the stairs at every opportunity and has looked into a 'guaranteed to induce labour' pizza joint in the East Bay. I am getting the idea that pregnancy isn't so fun. Interesting.

Jen has been stoic, working all the way through the sickness and discomfort. Her last day at work is this coming Friday. I am quite confident that the company is going to fall to pieces the moment they take Jenny off the payroll. She is the lifeblood of the company. I am completing a research project right now, we are using Computed Tomography (CT) technology to quantify spontaneous rib regeneration. Its pretty wicked cool. I am also preparing to take the boards this summer... seeing how I am officially finished with my first year and do not start the second until October, I have some time on my hands. We are staying busy... and trying to stay warm- the true San Francisco summer is here (foggy and cold) and it seems as though it is going to stay. I guess we are just buying time until our little champ decides to drop in.

Today Jenny and I watched video from our trip to China/Taiwan last summer. It was so much fun, I am ready to go back again. It was fun to see pre-pregnant Jenny too- I had fogotten what she looked like when she didn't have the 'basketball tucked under the shirt' look going on. Fun times.

2 comments:

Camille said...

How exciting! I hope all is well with you two and three quarters. We can't wait until the little champ shows up either. I'm totally jealous about the whole last day at work idea. I am a wimp. I haven't been working full time for a year yet and I'm sick of it. We'll be looking to see how things go with the first Fairbanks birth and please know that we're both rooting for you. (Because that helps when you're going to h ave a baby... right?)

Jenny said...

You're the awesomest, Camille! Thanks for the encouragement. It's definitely a surreal feeling, this being my last week of "work." How's your job going? It sounds like the long hours are starting to get old. And as for rooting, it does have something to do with babies -- it's when babies open their mouth and search for food when someone touches them on their face or lips. :)