Thursday, August 03, 2006

All my friends know the low RYDER?


So I am struggling a little now. I have come to grips with the fact that picking my nose is easier than picking my son's (he just doesn't know how yet and it makes for some diffucult breathing- I ache for him), but what I have yet to tackle is Ryder's theme song. You see, in my family if there is a popular song that includes any variant/permutation/combination to a name of a child/friend/city etc., that song is sung every time the name of this child/friend/city etc. is mentioned. So the problem? Well, every time I call home I can hear my dad in the background singing The DOOR's hit "Riders on the Storm". Meanwhile my little sister, who is yet to outgrow her 'suburban thug' phase, has dubbed the little guy "Rough Rider" after hip-hop delinquent DMX's late '90s anthem. Myself, I am not convinced that either of these are suitable and prefer War's "Low Rider". I suppose the anxiety is over selecting a single theme song for the young man (thus avoiding down-the-road schizophernic outbursts) that will not negatively impact his future. For example, if my sister and DMX win, Ryder could be hustling on the streets within a year's time. I can also see the problem with "Low Rider" and its association with the Dazed and Confused soundtrack. We could have a Cheech Marin on our hands if we don't put some thought into this. You see the problem? Let me know what you think, we need an appropriate theme song for this little guy and you can help.

I am studying, diligently as can be, to take Dentistry National Board Exam- probably the first week in September. While studying Pathology this week I came to the conclusion that Ryder has diabetes. Yup. Poor little guy fits the description like a glove: polydipsia, polyphagia, and polyuria. In english that means excessive thirst, hunger and urination. I hope he pulls out of this! Oh, and in case you haven't noticed- Ryder has hijacked our blog... and he is not giving it back. (Although I don't think that hijacking has anything to do with diabetes... probably should've started a new paragraph for that thought)

We take off to Newport Beach this weekend for a week with the Hansens. Should be a good time. Jenny is looking mmm mmm FANTASTIC- she is doing really well and actually just got back from the gym! Unbelievable.

2 comments:

Emily said...

"Riders on the Storm" is quite catchy. Ryder is such a beautiful baby, good work you two! I want some pics of the mommy though, did she disappear like Katie Holmes? haha

Anonymous said...

Todd
your baby...he looks scary in this pic. Look at him not only is he diabetic, but i am convinced he has graves disease. you should get him checked out!