
Okay, it is time for a much needed study break. Jenny has left to her parents for the week and taken our little champ with her. The home environment is suddenly much more conducive to studying... but much less entertaining. Needless to say, I am having an underwear day. Don't come over. Hopefully they will come back soon.

We returned home from a fantastic week in soCal on Saturday. The weather was great, the water was great, the company was fantastic; good times were had by all. Now that we are back I must say that I prefer the 67 degree SF to the 90 degree soCal coastline... it is just more comfortable. Maybe these feelings also stem from the night of verbal abuse we endured on a male-bonding outing to a Dodgers/Giants baseball game at Dodger Stadium. As the only Giants fans in the section on a losing night for the Giants, we served as the whipping boys for the dregs of LA's stinking humanity. The most frustrating thing was not the repeated chants of 'Giants suck' and 'Last place Giants'. Creative as they were, I really am a Giants fan by default and take no real offense to the incoherent babblings of Section 20's inebriated masses. No- I did not get riled up until late in the eighth inning... Any other fans probably would have been intelligent enough to equate a section of well-dressed men (taken care of by your friendly neighbourhood fashion police) sitting together cheering for a team from 'San Francisco' with a certain colorful demographic that makes the city famous right from the get-go. Well, these people caught on late, offended my manhood and succeeded at flipping that switch deep inside me that I try so hard to keep closed. Well, do you know that feeling where you want to severely mangle everyone within a 2 mile radius of you and gouge their eyes out with drinking straws but are to afraid to because you are pretty confident that every last one of them, including the 3 year-old girl behind you, is packing some serious heat? Yeah, me neither until that night. But we made it out safe and sound, we had a good time, I can honestly say that Dodger Dogs are highly overrated and I hate LA.
The trip was great though, little Ryder stole the show and really enjoyed his time there. We capped off the trip with a visit to the Oakland temple on the way home to celebrate Jenny's friend Randi's wedding. Our friends the Fife's and the Anderson's were present and as evident from the picture, Micah and I asserted our physical dominance over Tim and kept him in his place.
1 comment:
Man. Todd, all this physical domination is really getting old. I really wish you guys would stop picking on me and leave me alone sometimes.
Post a Comment