Sunday, October 08, 2006

Alias

What's cookin' sportsfans? San Fran's Indian Summer has set in here and we are enjoying the benefits. This was my first week back from the longest summer break in the history of American College and I was not ready to be in class. My butt is just not conditioned to sitting through lecture all day, I need to get it worked in- build up those classroom calluses or something. The Champ is doing well, he coos and giggles and kicks and sticks his tongue out and endears himself more and more everyday. Handsome little squirt. (As of today, his 3 month day, 'cute' is no longer a term that is acceptably associated with the manchild. House rules, please don't breach them)

Earlier this week, my dear mother-in-law raised her voice of concern over our liberal use of our real names here on our little plot of cyberspace. First of all, if you are a stalker, voyeur, chester the molester, or mentally deranged sociopath: please click the little red box with the X in it in the upper right hand corner or the screen. AND NEVER COME BACK OR I WILL BEAT YOUR LIPS OFF!!! Second of all, today I will attempt to conceal our names under the guise of clever secrecy (a step up from regular secrecy), you know give it a try and see if I like it. Ryder will hereby be know as Tank, because thats what I always wished his name was. Jenny becomes Lt. Sasscat of the Fashion Police. And I, I will be know as Mr. T- because the A-Team was quite possibly the greatest television sitcom ever made and Mr. T. was my hero (he clinched hero status when played Clubber Lang in Rocky III: instant classic, rent it tonite). Okay, Here we go...

So, Friday night Tank, Lt. Sasscat and myself accompanied our good friends the Burgons (whose alias will be the Office because it is their favorite TV show and that is about as clever as my secrecy gets) and the Lassens (alias: Welkers) to dinner at Park Chow- a nice little establishment close to Golden Gate Park. The Office and the Welkers are excellent company and we had a good time. Lt. Sasscat's folks then arrived and we took them to catch their red-eye to a city in the Eastern States that will remain unidentified for secrecy reasons. Saturday we went to brunch at this little crepe place with the Office and then hit up the beach for some sandcastle fun. I guess every year local contractors and architects team up with schools to raise money for art programs by putting on a sandcastle building contest... it is put on by a group named Leap. I think that Tank and Lt. Sasscat especially enjoyed it- I definitely can never build another sandcastle without comparing it to those ones and realizing how bad mine sucks. We then caught the Blue Angel's performance in this years Fleet Week (from this link, click on the Red Bull Air Race link for some cool video) from the top of a hill near our house. I was a little uneasy about the show because I figure that our best pilots are probably in combat in Iraq as we speak. That leaves the naval academy's bottom 10 percent still in the States to fly these planes... careful on those flybys boys. But there were no casualties, the Transamerica Building still stands, and they put on quite the show. We had a great weekend thanks to good weather, great friends and lots to do here in the City.

Well, after that short trial run, although I like the aliases, I feel so confused by this veil of secrecy that I used to create today's post that I think it will be a for sure no-go. Sorry. As a courtesy and so you can enjoy it one last time, goodbye and goodnight from Tank, Lt. Sasscat and me, Mr. T.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written piece of work, amigo. Sounds like you guys have been having a good time lately... even if your posterior isn't quite adjusted to the rigors intense abuse that comes with hours of lecturing. That will come with time.

My sources indicate that my wife (codename: Wonder Woman) is hard at work organizing our trip to SF (Operation Baycity Storm). It'll be fun to hang out with you guys.