Our 2007 Week Two has been quite busy... work, school, baby, cubs, and a trip down to Santa Barbara and back within 26 hrs have kept us going. UVSC played UCSB Thursday night, so Todd, Ryder and I left SF at about 11am and made is down there just in time to check into our hotel, feed Ryder and get to the game. See #10 in the picture below. Sadly, UVSC lost... but Ryder still got a good nap in, Robyn is amazing to watch, and it was so fun to be able to visit with her for a bit. Ryder sure loves his aunt Robyn.... and why wouldn't he? She's the one who sent him his amazing Jordan's. He's definitely her most devoted fan.
After grabbing a quick bite to eat following the game, the team headed south so they could more easily catch their flight the next morning, and Todd, Ryderman and myself got a good night's sleep at the local Best Western. I have to say - Santa Barbara is absolutely gorgeous! I'm already planning a trip for us to drive down Highway 1 and enjoy the coastal views. Wow... We rolled outta there at about
7:30 the next morning and made it back to SF in time for Todd to be casually late to his afternoon class. Ryder was such a champ... the last 30 minutes of each trip were rather rough, but he just slept and played the rest of the way. I can't imagine what our drive to
Utah would have been like had we ended up going at Thanksgiving.... yikes.

We continue to learn more and more from our man Ryder. And currently we're trying to learn more about his sleeping habits. You know, I always said that I wasn't going to be one of those moms who had absolutely no freedom and was tied down to a 'no if's, and's or but's about it' schedule. But, now that I'm a mom, I think I understand a little bit more why a schedule isn't such a bad thing. I'm much more of a fan of the "schedule" than I thought I would be.
On that note... Ryder just fell asleep after crying from 8:07pm until 8:25pm... 18 minutes... not too bad. We're trying to teach him to fall asleep on his own, and throughout it all I feel like such a traitor. Todd blocks it all out with his iPod cranked up and a pillow over his head... And they say girls are the sensitive ones. But at least he is very supportive in whatever "schedule" I do put in place.
Our week ahead - 2007 Week Three - includes cubs (of course), a trip down to Half Moon Bay, school, work, a couple of dr's appointments (any guesses as to how much Ryder weighs?), and then a trip to Merced. Amy (my younger sister) is getting married in 19 days, so we're heading home to help my parents prepare the house.
Life is oh so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment