Happy New Year!
Wow, if Jan. 1st's Fiesta Bowl were any indication of how 2007 is going to pan out then this year is going to be the best ever! (Looks like starting school on Jan. 2nd ended the likelihood of that before it even started) We had a great Christmas in California's stunning Central Valley. The Holiday was full of family, games, pickup basketball, fake Santas and way too much food. There was even a Tim Fife sighting. I saw a number of movies in my holiday laziness, the best of all the game was the capstone to the epic series of Rocky movies- ROCKY BALBOA. Although the movie was kind of slow (only one fight and not much interaction between the Italian Stallion and his opponent until the end- kind of echoing Rocky I) I felt it was a worthy final chapter to the collection, and a necessary one due to the disgrace of Rocky V. Believe it or not Jenny wouldn't accompany me to the show so I went with her brother.
As far as Christmas presents goes- we were yet again spoiled by our thoughtful parents and siblings. Ryder got some sweet duds and more colorful things to suck on- he never really got into the Christmas Spirit... I am kind of worried about him. Jenny got the 'sweet present hookup of the decade', courtesy of the Champ and myself. I was watching TV, already over budget for Jenny's presents when inspiration hit in the form of "CH-CH-CH-CHIA". It was one of the moments I might never forget. I knew right then that Jenny not only deserved, but needed a Chia pet. Ryder felt it too. Off I rushed to Walgreen's, worried that the commercial had had the same effect on everyone else as it had had on me and the Champ. Luckily there was still one left in the store when we arrived! If that isn't good enough the one left happened to be a hippo! Can you believe the luck? Jenny's favorite animal in the form of a ceramic grass-growing masterpiece. Needless to say, Ryder and I eagerly anticipated the opening of our prized gift on Christmas morning. Well, Jenny opened the gift and gave me a look like "oh my gosh why did you spend money on this?". Oh no wait, she actually said that out loud. And just like that the present went from 'sweet present hookup of the decade' to 'Most underappreciated present of the millenium'. Ryder and I have been passing around the prozac ever since.


No comments:
Post a Comment