We finally made our first trip to Mama's, and we took the visiting fam along with us. We've heard a lot of praise about Mama's breakfasts, and it was yummy. The fruit was great and the orange juice very fresh. But I have to say, I think I prefer the french toast at Crepes On Cole over anything at Mama's. Please don't hate me for feeling so.
We've enjoyed a few little league baseball games in our windy San Fran spring weather. Todd is coaching a 9 to 11 yr old team with a few buddies from school, and Ryder couldn't be happier! He occassionally accompanies Todd to practice during the week, and he tells me over and over - "Ryder helping the boys play baseball." He mimics Todd by calling out to the boys just after Todd gives some sort of direction. Our little coach.
Ryder and I attended a great ward primary Easter egg hunt while Todd was busy at an oral surgery externship in Seattle. The day was full of relay races, cupcake decorating and of course - searching for eggs.
Ryder LOVED the three "muffins" he got his hands on during the morning. It's funny how you'll let your child do or eat almost anything when you're involved in an activity and so very distracted.
Ryder found a few eggs and was quite proud of himself... he was also quite surprised to find these ones actually had candy in them!
Ryder discovered his Easter basket all on his own. I guess that's what I get for forgetting to hide it before he woke up and found it on his floor. He even learned how to open a Starburst all on his own. Oh my. The Easter Bunny was very kind and brought him a few treats, a new book, some finger paints and even a shark. Ask him what a shark says the next time you see him... very cute.
Easter egg hunt #2. After church we drove to Merced to enjoy Easter dinner and time with family at my parents' house. It was so warm and beautiful! Is anyone else missing real Spring weather!?!
And that's it for now. Still to come - a vacation to San Diego, two weddings, and trips to Merced and Canada. You may even get a tummy ticker in there somewhere... maybe. Stay tuned.
P.S. What do you think of the new blog design? I finally figured out how to spruce things up a bit.... all thanks to my wonderfully talented sister, Amy! Thanks sis!
8 comments:
Please email me your tricks because I'm struggling with mine, I'll have to put in a phonecall if not. It looks great and so do all of you!
Cute post and cute wallpaper/template! Where did you get it?
I love the new wallpaper & I'm all about your cute little boy.
Still thinking about a trip to the city. Tempting. very tempting. I have about 20 sick days. I may feel a sore throat coming on...we'll see.
Hi Jenny! Thanks for reminding me about the diaper bag link--I'm so excited to trendify (trendify?) my sister. My email address is cpsfairbanks@gmail.com. I appreciate the tip!
Also, your new blog layout is very lovely.
thank goodness for a new post! i always start to get worried about you guys.:) when you DO post, they are always so good and long though!:) i love getting caught up and looking at all the picture! ryder looks so grown up.:)
I love your blog design. great colors.
Ryder is looking so big!
I think you're a good photographer! And it looks like you have a decent camera now, and I've learned there are some things about photography that even the awesomest camera can't help you with. Though of course Todd should buy you the nicest camera possible at the earliest opportunity! :)
Ryder is growing up so much! Love the new blog layout---it is on my "to do" list this summer--I may call you:)
Sounds like you guys had a great easter. :)
Post a Comment