From left to right, Randi, Cami, Camille, me and Ryder (who stuck his head in at the last second). Randi is due in Sept with their first... a girl. Yahoo!To drag the flu topic on just a bit further, this was Ryder’s first experience with throwing up. The dreadful day started out just like any other Tuesday – a trip to gymnastics followed by lunch with Todd on campus. Ryder ended up falling asleep on our way home, and as we got off the shuttle bus and were about to cross the street to our building, throw up came pouring out of his mouth all over my chest and stomach. The poor boy was still somewhat asleep, so I rejected the impulse to sit him in the nearby bushes to finish his work. He continued to throw up on me - over and over again. Luckily our good friend Jen just so happened to be walking down her stairs, and she rushed to my aid with clean towels. She even washed off the sidewalk for me so I could take Ryder home. Kudos to Jen!
Here's Ryder trying to recoup while watching Charlotte’s Web... with all of his animals set up just how he wanted them. Funny kid. (p.s. I'm really getting tired of that movie... anyone want to take it off my hands?)
Well, after nine throw up episodes from Ryder and a couple of days/nights of similar symptoms from Todd and myself, we finally got over it. I hate when Ryder gets sick. He has no idea what’s going on. I’m sure his little mind was quite confused at this continuous urge to throw up and mom and dad refusing to feed him anything. Poor kid. But, we did make it through.
In between all of this, we’ve managed to make it through the last of the little league baseball games, a trip to the zoo, a baby shower and a visit to a somewhat nearby water park. Life is moving along nicely.... with growing belly and all!
The coaches.... Ryder, Todd, Dave and Mike. Way to go, guys!
Brushing the goats.... again.... at the San Francisco zoo.
I asked Ryder to smile and say cheese, and this is the face I got. Unfortunately, such a response has become a regular occurrence.
Wonderful hostesses and friends at the double baby shower.... Jen (in black to the left of me) is due two weeks before me with a boy. Yeah!
Just can't get enough of that watermelon... and the juicy tummy proves it!
Fillin' up his bucket of water.... over and over again. I love summer weather! It's too bad we don't see too much of it here, but rest assured, we try to take advantage of the nice days whenever we can!
4 comments:
Hey Jenny, I think you cursed me...or I cursed myself. A couple of days ago, I was reading your middle of the night post thinking "Gosh, I am SO-O glad that I am still sleeping like a baby ALL NIGHT LONG". Ever since then I have been up at 3:00am, staring at the ceiling. Why does this happen to us?!
I just wanted to THANK you guys for being so good to us and taking Charlotte's web off of our hands. and I would share our watermelon with Ryder any time he wants.
Jenny, you are beautiful! Why can't we all look so great while pregnant? Nobody said life was fair..anyway you guys seem to be doing well. I can't wait to see that baby.miss you.
Thank you for the blog acknowledgments and thank you for sending the flu bug over to our house, we greatly appreciated that. Looks like you guys have been busy having lots of fun. I'm excited to meet your new baby boy in just a few weeks!
Post a Comment