So, I don't have much time... my pillow is calling me. But I agree with my sister, in that it's been WAY too long since we've posted. So, here are a few absolutely adorable photos (and one somewhat sad one) and a brief list of recent events to keep you updated. I'll expand later.... maybe.
Our September... and bits of October:
- Ryder decided he wanted to go 'potty' like a big boy, and he did. And then he decided to go potty on the entry way floor... and then on our front doorstep... and then on the floor of our bathroom. We've put potty training on hold temporarily.
- Cannon has learned to smile... one of the two cutest little boy smiles I've seen to date. See the proof below.
- Todd got new glasses. Wow, he's hot!
- Ryder has joined a small joy school, which has been absolutely great for both of us. Wish me luck when it's my turn to host!
- We made it home to Merced for a week... our time was filled with swimming, water balloons, the zoo, eating meals out on the patio, sewing projects and a daytrip to Yosemite. I love home, and I love Yosemite.
- Todd made a trip to Seattle to present his research at the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons conference. Go Todd!
- Ryder had seizure #2... during his nursery class at church this time. After a trip to see the pediatric neurologist and another EEG, we're working on the assumption that both seizures have been febrile related and all is well. By the looks of him now, you'd never know anything was ever wrong.
- We've received five invitations to interview for oral surgery so far - Loma Linda, CA; Indianapolis, IN; Emory in Atlanta, GA; Vanderbilt in Nashville, TN; and Minneapolis, MN. Hopefully more to come!
- Cannon had his 8-week checkup and rang in at 14 pounds 14 ounces.... which happens to be 1 pound and 7 ounces BIGGER than Ryder was at this age. Yikes, kid... slow down.
- Work on Proposition 8 efforts. Yay for family.
- A visit to Linda Mar beach here in partly sunny Northern California.
- Cannon has become terrified of my sneezes... his shrill cries make me wish I'd never sneeze again.
- Conference weekend spent in Roseville with family... lots of playtime with Ryder and Cannon's cousins.
- And regular life things like work, school, church, and playgroups...
Cannon Walker - 8 weeks
Stay away, girls. He's taken... both of them.

Ryder during his EEG. Note: if your child has to get one of these fun proceedures, I suggest you pack along a portable dvd player with a favorite movie. It's worked like a charm for us both times. It's not easy for a little guy to sit still while some stranger is gluing 'snakes' to your head. In this case, Diego did wonders. Thanks, again, Kelly and Mike!
Cannon, Grandpa Hansen and cousin Lizzy.
7 comments:
Cannon is precious! And I'm so sorry to hear about the seizures. That must be the scariest thing to experience.
Congratulations on all the interviews! :)
I hope Ryder is ok! Glad things aren't seeming too serious.
Your children are soo freakin' cute!!! I am secretly hoping you get the oral surgery in Atlanta.. so we can make a trip to come and see you! I hope all turns out well with ryder!
i'm so glad that it sounds like everything with ryder is okay! so scary though. you are one tough mom. and cannon is seriously SO cute, please post some more new pictures of him soon!:)
cannon is such a cutie!! life sounds busy--- good luck with it all.
We love you guys, you're in our prayers. Your boys are twins! Hope all goes well.
Post a Comment