So sorry for the long break, everyone. We've been basking in the sun (as evidenced above) and then crazy busy with interviews, holidays, church callings and just life. We're alive and doing well. I think I'm going to amaze you with how many posts I'm going to make this week. Just you wait. First off, let's finish off our fall adventures. Here are a few more pics and narration to fill you in.
Back in September we visited the big children's playground in golden gate park with some good friends, Emily and Annie. I think Annie thought Ryder was a silly boy just trying to show off. I think she's right.
Cannon modeling some of his church duds. It's sad how much cameras can't capture it all! He looked so adorable. Don't you just want to kiss those cheeks!?!
Caleb, Ryder and Bella checking out the pumpkins, hay maze, birds, stuffed animals and pretend witches at the local pumpkin patch. Ryder was mesmerized by all of the festivities. The experience obviously left a lasting impression, as he continued to talk about the pumpkins everyday following for at least a few weeks.
Our little cow.
Bishop Hoyt, Todd and our blue monster at the ward Halloween party. Ryder is still in the skeptical stage at this point... wondering why on earth his parents would make him wear a silly costume.
The fam outside one of the bishopric trick-or-treating doors. Since parking lots are few and far between here in the city, trunk-or-treating doesn't exist. Instead, classroom doors are decked out down in the church basement, and the kids get to go door to door.
We made a visit over to 'Mr.' Ray's house - a darling widow in our ward who couldn't make it to the ward Halloween party. Poor Alice Ray has assumed the 'Mr.' title since Ryder has mixed up 'Sister' and 'Mr.' :) It's quite funny. I don't think Alice has noticed yet. In any case, Ryder LOVED the visit. Alice has so many amazing Halloween decorations... and lots of cookies. We've already been back once to check out her Christmas embellishments, and we're sure to be back there at least one more time this month.
The trick-or-treating gang on Halloween night. This was taken after Todd left to take a friend to the airport. From left to right: Scott, Sarah, Matthew and Cameron; Jen, Ben, Bella and Noah; Kat, Matt (in the back with Caleb) and Kara; Me , Ryder and Cannon. As of now, these are the four LDS families with children up at Aldea... the UCSF housing complex. When we moved in three and a half years ago, the rolls were quite reversed with around 12 families with multiple children and two working girls. Oh, how things are different now!
The four Aldea buddies.... Bella, Matthew, Ryder and Caleb. BFF.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, things have changed in the old 'hood! I am trying to catch up on everyone's blogs, and this post was a real treat. I had no idea that Matt was the new bishop, and I am so happy to see sweet Alice still kicking it. Thanks for the update!
Post a Comment