Monday, January 04, 2010

when your cell phone is snapped in half by a 1 year old...

...DON'T go to your local cellular retail outlet and spend $200 on the crappy once-upon-a-time free phone because your plan is not up yet.

Instead, I've learned you can spend around $30 on a new pay-as-you-go phone from Target, insert your SIM card and move on with life. And actually, I like my new phone a lot more than the nothing-to-it phone I got free. And all of my contacts transfered over. Sweet.


How can you get upset with this little face smiling back at you?

- even if you are stranded at the airport with a delayed flight and on your own with two toddlers when your youngest grabs your phone out of your bag and snaps it in two before you can get anywhere near him.

One of these days I'll get around to posting the adventures of my flight back from California to Seattle. It was an awful, awful day. If health problems weren't a concern, I'd much rather go through this or the below again before living that flight over.


The results of Cannon teething during our flight home from Utah in July 09 - and him throwing up ALL OVER ME in the middle of the flight. I'm sure everyone around me sure enjoyed that smell!

As Todd has pointed out, it sure is a good thing I have a bad memory.

8 comments:

{Katie} said...

That's exactly what we did when we needed new phones...and they work great!

Ryan and Julene Stoianowski said...

Well, 2 things...I've never seen someone still look so beautiful with a soiled shirt! Oh and in that pic of your little on he looks just like his dad!!! Miss you!

cameron said...

oh dear... i'll now make sure i never fly alone and have ben hold britton. so sorry... very GROSS

Maria said...

I am surprised that you even attempt to step on a plane after all the stories I have heard. :) Nothing is better than being a mom.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

you are adorable Jenny, wish we lived closer to Y'all.

Unknown said...

You are getting so good at photography! That picture of Cannon is amazing. Sorry about your phone! And when does teething END?? It seems like kids are constantly teething. Oh the joys of parenthood.:)
-joy

Anjanette said...

Jackson just started teething.
...it's so sad (already) & I have...like...forever to go.

Does it make you feel any better to know that you still look good, even with spit up all over your white shirt (of course you were wearing a white shirt)?

Camille said...

Seriously, you look really good in that picture. I glanced at it before reading anything and thought you were totally cute.

I never thought of the pay as you go phone thing! Nigel and I are always destroying my phones. Honestly I think I'm on my 4th or 5th pearl. I lost track.