Thursday, April 29, 2010

a lovely morning


I awoke at 6:15am to Cannon's little jabbering. Sure enough, a few short minutes later, Ryder wandered into our room. Todd was up and in the shower. I was pretending to be asleep. Ryder let himself into the bathroom, settled his little bottom side on the throne and started a seemingly adult conversation with his dad. I just laid there loving every moment. Ryder can be so expressive and contemplative. I love listening to his little thoughts come out into words.

Then I heard.... "mama! dada! mama! mama! MAMA! DADA!" coming from the other room. A few minutes later, the two little boys were perched upon two stools on either side of Todd, and all three of them had shaving cream smeared across their little faces. I had the perfect view from the comfort of bed.... I could see all three smiling faces in the mirror and could hear the many giggles.

Cannon grinned as he tried his best to clear away the cream.

Ryder continually looked to his daddy for approval - "How does this look, Dad?" "Is this pretty smooth, Dad?" "Wow, Dad, I think I missed a spot... I think I need some more. What do you think?"

Cannon sought his own sort of approval.... by sticking his head up high and forward with a toothy grin just staring at Todd - as if to say, "Hey dad, look at me. Check out this baby face!"

I loved it.

We followed the shaving party up with the best ever homemade pancakes and yummy, frothy buttermilk syrup. The only thing that would have made our morning better would have been stealing Todd away from work and keeping him here with us.

But it was great in every other way.

I love my boys.


4 comments:

Camille said...

Wow, there both so big! They sound adorable. I love those kinds of mornings. It makes me want more boys :)

Mostly Them said...

that makes me excited for our little man! SOO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

how sweet! and what a great pictues of the boys together!:)

Gruwells said...

They are so dang cute!