Monday, February 28, 2011

reality

I have 9 loads of laundry (literally 9) on the floor of my laundry room just waiting to be folded.

Spring cleaning has started early around here.... one room at a time.

I need to get our info to the CPA this week.

I wonder how many bills are hidden beneath the mountain of clutter on my desk.

Singing time in primary is the best yet the most exhausting thing! Oh, how I love singing with those kids. I still get emotional every. single. time. they sing We'll Bring the World His Truth. I bet they wonder why their crazy music leader is always teary eyed.

Potty training is awful. Every time you see your child use the bathroom or even when you get to change a dirty diaper... be grateful.

I could cuddle Hudson all day long every single day of the week. Sometimes I even have the urge to go get him from his nap so he'll sleep in my arms. So far, I've been able to resist - for the sake of his need for rest and a somewhat normal schedule.

Ryder starts kindergarten in a few months. Weird.

I have three boys. Also weird.

I've been asked a lot lately, so I'll go ahead and put it out there - yes, we're considering moving to Canada after residency. For those of you against it (My Cali girls and family), just think - you'll have a new country to visit with free lodging (and fantastic company, admit it).

Todd's current rotation at Children's Hospital has been oh, so much better than last time around.... truly an answer to prayers.

It's funny how we thought we were poor when we got married... I had graduated, was working full time while Todd finished up his last year at the Y, and we were living in Provo. We had no idea how good we had it.

I'm so excited to see my mom, dad and sister in just a few weeks. I'm aching for some family time.

It's snowing outside... again.

I need to work on not coveting. I'm not coveting one particular person... just have a long list of "wants"... I'm really working on being content with what I have.

Keeping life simple. That's how we live. I've realized that's the only way I can survive these days.

Our 2006 blog book came last week. I LOVE it!

We're moving to Portland for the summer/fall. Exciting, yet annoying at the same time.

Ryder gave the scripture in primary yesterday and did GREAT! Mosiah 2:17. No nervous screaming or growling. We're making progress with this emotional boy.

That's all I can think of for now.

Have a great Monday!



5 comments:

mama bear said...

Hey Jenny! Don't worry, we all have days like that. Doesn't it feel like the laundry never ends? Hey, you're coming to Portland!? Is this for a rotation or something? We are only about an hour south of Portland, we'll have to get together a couple times!

Keep smiling and enjoying those beautiful boys!

Owens D.C. said...

You always enlighten my day! Xoxo

Camille said...

Super great post. My favorite part is "no nervous screaming or growling."

You're fantastic Jenny.

Enjoy your time with your family!

carly said...

1. you are moving to portland?!
2. not coveting is so hard...i have been working on it for a LONG time.
3. when is todd done with residency?

Jenny said...

You are darling, Carly. I can't wait to see you!!

1. Yes, Portland, here we come. Todd has a four month rotation down there. The little guys and I are going to try and go for two of the months before Ryder starts Kindergarten.
2. Amen, sista!
3. We have 2 1/2 years left. June 2013 will be a glorious month!