My husband is the best. He remembers everything (well, except when I ask him to take the garbage out... but... I digress). Did you know it was seven years ago yesterday that he proposed to me? I had forgotten. He didn't. I awoke this morning to a tender email that made me all teary eyed. (He's been at work for about the last 50+ hours, hence an email coming through at 2:16am). I love him.
Yesterday Hudson started fussing in the car on our way home from errands. Cannon reached over and grasped his hand and began singing I'm a Child of God. Then Cannon said quietly, "Don't worry, Hudson. Mommy will feed you when we get home." It's moments like these that get me through life some days.
I feel like I'm pedaling, running out of breath, only to look down to realize my wheels are just spinning in place. I'm getting no where. Going in circles. No progress. Not a fun way to live life.
I do have so much to be grateful for. We truly are blessed. So I feel guilty when I have a hard day or week or whatever. But I do also know that we are all here for a mortal experience, and my trials are truly trying for me... no matter their apparent severity to outsiders. It's how I handle them that matters. I guess that means I had better get my act together.
Did you know a hard boiled egg can explode while being warmed in a microwave? I didn't. Whoops!
There was a time not too long ago when I was listening to this talk daily. But it has been a while. It gave me a renewed perspective this week.
Another funny Cannonism for you... He's had a hard time staying in bed lately. Todd went up the other night to find him playing at the sink in the bathroom when he should have been in bed at least trying to fall asleep...
T: "What are you doing?!"
C: "Oh... (realizing he'd been caught) It's broken, Dad."
T: "What's broken?"
C: "My wee-wee."
What? What a goofy kid! Again, another moment that makes me laugh and helps me carry on. And watching Todd laugh uncontrollably helps me feel better too. Hee hee hee.
Last night Ryder cuddled up in my lap and said, "Mom, I just feel sad." He couldn't really explain why he was feeling gloomy. I loved that he came to me for comfort and safety. I want it to always be that way.
We miss our daddy. It's been a long week. Can you tell?
Welcome, weekend.
The end.
Yesterday Hudson started fussing in the car on our way home from errands. Cannon reached over and grasped his hand and began singing I'm a Child of God. Then Cannon said quietly, "Don't worry, Hudson. Mommy will feed you when we get home." It's moments like these that get me through life some days.
I feel like I'm pedaling, running out of breath, only to look down to realize my wheels are just spinning in place. I'm getting no where. Going in circles. No progress. Not a fun way to live life.
I do have so much to be grateful for. We truly are blessed. So I feel guilty when I have a hard day or week or whatever. But I do also know that we are all here for a mortal experience, and my trials are truly trying for me... no matter their apparent severity to outsiders. It's how I handle them that matters. I guess that means I had better get my act together.
Did you know a hard boiled egg can explode while being warmed in a microwave? I didn't. Whoops!
There was a time not too long ago when I was listening to this talk daily. But it has been a while. It gave me a renewed perspective this week.
Another funny Cannonism for you... He's had a hard time staying in bed lately. Todd went up the other night to find him playing at the sink in the bathroom when he should have been in bed at least trying to fall asleep...
T: "What are you doing?!"
C: "Oh... (realizing he'd been caught) It's broken, Dad."
T: "What's broken?"
C: "My wee-wee."
What? What a goofy kid! Again, another moment that makes me laugh and helps me carry on. And watching Todd laugh uncontrollably helps me feel better too. Hee hee hee.
Last night Ryder cuddled up in my lap and said, "Mom, I just feel sad." He couldn't really explain why he was feeling gloomy. I loved that he came to me for comfort and safety. I want it to always be that way.
We miss our daddy. It's been a long week. Can you tell?
Welcome, weekend.
The end.
3 comments:
I really like your Fridays unloaded features. I love to read your different thoughts and experiences and I like that it's real. I hope you get a nice long nap when Todd can come home. :)
Oh Jenny! I SO know how it feels to have the hubby working those 50+ hour streaks. Ahhh! I am really excited to get to hang out with you this summer! I've already been thinking about all the fun things we'll do. My very best friend from here just moved away and I am feeling lonely, it will be great to have you come. I am keeping my eyes and ears open still, trying to find a place for you. I'll keep you posted.
I love your Fridays Unloaded features too. And I love hearing the things your boys say. So cute!
Post a Comment