Here are my thoughts from the week of March 28... some from earlier in the week and others transcribed from scribble on the back of a gas receipt.
Pheww!... It's been a busy week. Fevers. Cleaning. Packing. Car cleansing. Sheet changing (and you all know how much I love that.... especially on the bunk beds. Ugh.). Baby food eating (for Hudson. The other boys just like to smell the various flavors... and Cannon is quick to tell me which one he "likes" and "does not like.").
We're moving up in the world. Tuesday marked Todd's LAST night on first call. Yahoo!!
Many people have told me I'm absolutely crazy to be driving the 12+ hours from Washington to Utah by myself with the three little boys. "Why don't you fly!?" or "I would never, ever drive with my kids. You should just fly!" But driving is so the way to go. The thought of the three boys sans carseats on a small little portion of an airplane sounds terrible. How do you take one of them to the bathroom!?! I would much rather hop in the car with the boys strapped in and snacks and toys flying around than try my hand at checking luggage, three carseats and manning the kids. Plus, I'd much rather have my own car while away. Picking up a rental on my own with three kids sounds awful too. And I guess it helps that I enjoy road trips.
One thing that makes a road trip doable - my boys are great travelers. I think starting them early and setting the precedent has made all the difference!
I never realized Washington didn't have any billboards until I drove into Utah. Wow. Those UT boards are obnoxious!
Don't we live in an amazing country? I love driving along and imagining what other people's lives are like. America is so much more than my little sphere of familiarity.
Utah drivers are insane. Yes, I have become accustomed to WA's 60mph limit (and everyone really does follow it), but still. Is it really necessary for the great majority of Utah's drivers to clip along at 80mph? I think not.
I have a new talent... I can one handedly change the dvd in our headrest-mounted dvd player while driving. But don't you worry... I only did so as we drove along lonely stretches of fairly straight road.
It's a good thing Hudson has re-learned to love a bottle.
Oh, did I mention our car battery was dead when we finally went to leave at 9am Thursday morning? I couldn't reach Todd, but even if I could, it's not like he could have just waltzed out of children's OR to rescue me. I have fabulous neighbors who came to the rescue!
The end.
I have a new talent... I can one handedly change the dvd in our headrest-mounted dvd player while driving. But don't you worry... I only did so as we drove along lonely stretches of fairly straight road.
It's a good thing Hudson has re-learned to love a bottle.
Oh, did I mention our car battery was dead when we finally went to leave at 9am Thursday morning? I couldn't reach Todd, but even if I could, it's not like he could have just waltzed out of children's OR to rescue me. I have fabulous neighbors who came to the rescue!
The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment