This evening Ryder and Cannon were sitting at the counter coloring thank you pages for neighbor Nate who recently gave them four large tuperwares of duplo legos. Here's how it went down... just a little conversation between brothers (ages 4 and 2).
Ryder: "Wow, Cannon, your picture is looking really good. You're doing a real good job."
Cannon: "Thanks, Ryder."
R: "You're welcome. Would you like one of my oranges? I have two of them." (referring to his orange markers)
C: Sure. (Pronounced: ths-ure)
R: "I like how you drew a line with the brown, Cannon."
C: "Thanks."
R: "Watch this. You can use two blacks at one time. Watch this."
C: "Wow, a lightning bolt!!"
R: "Watch this... wa-potch! wa-potch!" (great sound effects as he snaps the lids back on the black markers) "That's totally awesome."
C: "Cooooool. Totally awesome."
C (out of nowhere): "Ya, that was a gooooooood dinner."
R: "Ya, that dinner we had, it was a really yummy dinner."
C: "Ya, a yummy, yummy dinner. I loooooove dinner...... Wow, I poked myself."
Note to self - they can occupy their hands in doing something productive while sitting directly next to each other and being kind. And they like sweet and sour meatballs.
I love them.
And guess who's "totally excited" about Cars II?

2 comments:
i love those stories! They are the sweetest!
That is the best--cute little brothers!
Post a Comment