It's funny to see how our children learn sometimes... what they take away from our instruction and everyday conversations.
Today Ryder came home from school very excited about the leprechaun who had made a visit to his classroom. It's all he could talk about all afternoon.
When Todd got home, I said - "Ryder, tell daddy who visited your classroom today!"... knowing Ryder would be so giddy to share his experience with his dad.
Ryder turned to Todd - "Here's a clue, Dad. Listen to the clue. It's a really good one................. He's GREEN, and he teaches people about JESUS!!"
Ryder had the biggest grin imaginable on his darling little face.
So... it turns out my lesson on Saint Patrick and his influence for good in Ireland got a little mixed up in Ryder's little four-year-old mind with the stories of leprechauns and rainbows and gold coins.
Todd, very hesitantly: "A leprechaun?????"
Ryder: "Yes, that's it!!!! He lost his boot in our room and left us a note asking us to find it for him. And Hannah found it. And he left us stickers and lots of gold coins that he found from the bottom of a rainbow!"
Funny times.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!
1 comment:
OK....I just laugh out loud every time I read this...I just read it again to Matt!! I envision this little green guy standing at a pulpit teaching about Jesus....oh, Ryder's so cute! Love you all.....
Post a Comment