Friday, March 18, 2011

crazy Cannon

I haven't figured out how to get completely through to Cannon... He has a free-spirited mind of his own.

Last night, Cannon would NOT stop screaming. Every time Ryder would touch him (and that's every other second... literally... please, someone teach me how to teach my children to keep their hands to themselves!!), he would scream.

LOUD!

It was really trying my patience.

After the hundredth time he let out a scream, I scooped Cannon up in my arms and said...

"Cannon, if Ryder is doing something that we don't like, what do we do?"

Cannon: "We say, 'please no.'"

Me: "Yes, and then if he doesn't stop, what do we do?"

Cannon: "We hit him."

What?

Where in the world did he gather that solution?

Me... trying not to laugh too noticeably: "No, we never, ever, ever hit. Hitting is never a choice. If he does not listen to you when you ask him to please stop, then you can come find mommy and ask me to help you, okay?"

Cannon: "Okay!!!" And he ran off.

Two minutes later I heard a muffled "Help me mom, help me..." and I looked over and found Ryder laying on top of Cannon.

At least my words got through to him that time.

---

Here's one more for you...

Todd was helping Cannon get ready for bed recently. I tossed them a "nighttime gaunchie" (aka pullup), and Todd swiftly opened it up and stuck it on Cannon's head.

Todd: "Hey mom, look at Cannon's new hat!"

Cannon: "No, that's my bottom!"

Todd: "Your head is your bottom?!!??"

Cannon, very matter-of-factly: "No, Dad! Actually, my gaunchies go ON my bottom!"

---

Funny, funny kid.

1 comment:

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

Cannon is so funny! I'm loving this age with Zack. Is Hudson feeling better?

And from many posts ago, I've decided there is no real way to keep the house from falling apart during the weekend. I have started giving Zack chores to put all his toys away and shoes in his room before bed which seems to help a lot. I just try to enjoy the mess. :)

I love your Friday Unloaded series. Keep them up!