Saturday, April 23, 2011

Friday's {Unloaded}

I think I'm starting to like Mondays. gasp! Sundays are so restful and help to realign my priorities, and Mondays are the perfect new start to be better and begin with a clean slate.

I wonder why I can't shed these last 10 pounds (or so) of with-child weight. Oh, I think it's because of these...

They are divine. Perfect ratio of peanut butter filling to creamy chocolate coating. Try them. You must.

Our neighbor was over the other day, and I heard him ask Todd, "Who do you have clean your house?" Todd laughed. Are house cleaners really the norm? By the way, I clean our house. Every. Last. Square. Inch. In case you didn't know. But that's not to say I'm against hiring help one day down the road when we can afford it. ;)

"Oh, the whining. Please, stop all the whining!" That's what I've found myself thinking and feeling 99.9% of my days this week.

Patience. I need more patience.

Last night at dinner, Cannon was trying to convince us that he only needed to take two more bites. He had his fingers in front of him and was trying to hold up the classic two fingers (pointer and middle), after a minute of unsuccessful trying, he said with utter frustration, "I just can't have two fingers!"

True love = letting (yes, I said letting) your husband go play basketball after he gets home 45 minutes before game time to two very whiny boys, an adorable yet squealing baby, and a wife worn out from a day with said boys and five poopy boy messes (one of which was the middle child who had conveniently carried on with his hockey match while spreading the mess around his room. yuck!), top-to-bottom cleaning, and a mind turned to mush from all of the incessant yelling/whining/crying/begging/stomping/kicking/poking/tattling/hitting/throwing/wrestling/"NO!" sayings. Yesterday was a rough day. But you can be sure - I do love my husband!

Todd's parents come to town today, just in time for Easter weekend. We are SO excited! Thursday morning before school, Ryder said, "I just can't wait for tomorrow. I just can't wait!!!"

The end.... and Happy Easter to you!
 

4 comments:

Maria said...

Whining and more whining. . . sounds like my house. How many times can a mom say "Use your big boy words". :)

Emily Springer said...

we live very similar lives you and i. my three boys, although they are older, are very much the same way. and my nephew is living with so I have four boys under 8 who all want "fair' turns and no chores. i totally relate on everything except one: my house is a disaster every.single.day. any tips? haha.

Gruwells said...

OK, no joke, I seriously had JUST finished my last bite of a Reese's egg as I was reading this post. HA! HA! What is it with our family and Peanut Butter??? And yes, I'm asking myself that same question about losing those last pregnancy pounds......and my baby just turned 2!! I laughed out loud at your neighbor's question pertaining to the clean house! And that little Hudson is so dang cute........love you all.

Sarah said...

It's amazing how similar our lives are :) Altough Scott doesn't play basketball and Cameron pooped on purpose and threw it... three boys, what can I say?