Todd and I celebrated our 7th anniversary on Friday. SEVEN YEARS. Yay for us!
Our dear friend, Lanie, watched our boys while we went out to dinner at Manzana on Lake Oswego. It was so, so yummy! Lanie's husband, Justin, was gone for the night rock climbing with the young men from church, so she deserves an award for taking in our boys and having six kids to watch all on her own!
Our dear friend, Lanie, watched our boys while we went out to dinner at Manzana on Lake Oswego. It was so, so yummy! Lanie's husband, Justin, was gone for the night rock climbing with the young men from church, so she deserves an award for taking in our boys and having six kids to watch all on her own!
Like most things, at times it feels like our wedding was yesterday and other times it feels like we've been together forever. But seven years is a long time. Just look at all we've done in 7 years...
we got married, I worked, Todd finished undergrad, we traveled to China/Taiwan, Todd completed dental school, we grew our family with the addition of three handsome boys, we've moved four times, we've spent a lot of time with family in Cali and Canada and a handful of other places, he has made it through 2+ years of residency (and all of the worst rotations are behind us... well, almost), we've lived in three of America's most liberal cities/communities and have LOVED it (even while in SF in the midst of prop8... still loved it), we've served in our church in different capacities (even together as cub scout leaders our first year in San Francisco), we've grown together, we've strengthened relationships with others, we've learned more about ourselves, we've learned much more about each other, I've learned to just ask when I need something, Todd is still learning to read my mind so I don't have to ask :), he has shown me how amazing of a father he is, and much, much more.
I feel so blessed to be married to the love of my life and my very best friend.
I feel so blessed to be married to the love of my life and my very best friend.
(So sad this picture didn't turn out great... my fault for not having the waitress take it earlier in the evening!)
Here's to year number eight!!!
Here's to year number eight!!!
And this last picture is here to show all of you how much my husband adores me (and how creative he can be). ;) I came across this one as I was looking through our pictures from the early years... (it was taken on a Sunday trip to Yosemite where we helped to run sacrament meeting.)




5 comments:
you guys are sooo cute! I can't believe it has been 7 years! which means almost 8 since we talked about Todd at Cafe Rio.. hahah - remember! love you guys! CONGRATS!
very cute!!!
Thank you so much! I would love it if you took pictures at Thanksgiving! I'm so glad you are coming, can't wait to see you!
Happy Anniv to you two! 7 is a great number of years to be married! My favorite part of this entire post is the fact that your shirt says hottie alert. Ha. Where did you find that shirt? I need one! Ha.
I can't believe it was 7 years ago that I was sitting at your bridal shower! I remember hoping beyond hoping that someday I would be as together, beautiful and kind as you when I got married!
Post a Comment