Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday's {Unloaded}

Is it bad/strange/abnormal that texting has improved mine and Todd's relationship? It's nice how sharing brief words of love and encouragement or frustration and insanity helps me feel like I'm not in this alone... or maybe it makes me feel good because I'm continually reminding him how his children are driving me insane. ;) Either way, it's nice to have some form of communication besides our brief chats before bed.

I've decided to ruin my boys' evil life scheme of torturing each other endlessly. How am I going to do it? I'm going to drowned them in kindness and love.

So, when Ryder is screaming blood and guts like he's going to die that very second just because Cannon poked him in the tummy as he was walking by... I'm going to say, "Wow, I sure do love it when you guys keep your hands in your own space. That makes me happy."

When Ryder pulls out his nasty "I'm on a mission to ruin your day" attitude, I'm going to respond with... "I love it when you speak kindly to me. It makes me want to give you hugs and kisses and play with you all day long." (while smothering him with kisses.)

Think it'll work? Wish me luck.

We started up swimming again today. Yay! I only wish I could get in too! Ryder did great... Cannon was a little nervous once he found out Ryder was getting out of the pool and not staying in for another lesson. Cannon doesn't do much without his big brother, so life is a little scary flying solo.

Hudson had a 102+ fever for FIVE DAYS this week. Five. That's a lot. (And that's following Ryder's and Cannon's weekend of fevers and throw up.) I've been feeling under the weather as well. It's hard to take care of three little needy boys when your head is cloudy and all you feel like doing is sleeping all day. But I think we've made it through the worst of it.

Current family life update:

Hudson turns ONE next week! No, he's not walking yet. He did take two steps on Saturday while Todd was here. But I don' think he's going to be off and running anytime soon. He has five teeth and loves balls and milk.

Cannon is three, independent, bossy when Ryder isn't around, excited to start karate in a few weeks and learning to love preschool and swimming.

Ryder is five, in kindergarten and LOVING karate, school, swimming and soccer. He's obsessed with lego ninjas (insert rolling eyes).

Todd is living in Portland. (sad face here.) He's there until November completing a rotation with a head and neck trauma group. Good experience for him but lousy setup for the family. He gets to come home next weekend and stay for NINE DAYS! Yay!

Anyone else want to come keep me company?

I am surviving. One hour at a time. Literally. Just ask my mom or any of my high school girlfriends. They seem to be the ones I vent to the most. Sorry gals. I used to be anally organized... not so much anymore. I'm working from home for the same PR firm I've worked for these past seven+ years. Life is busy. Good, but very busy. We are truly blessed.

Gotta run... sounds like Cannon is playing upstairs instead of napping. Hmmmm...

The end.

3 comments:

Wiseguys said...

I would come visit in a heartbeat if I didn't have to buy 3 plane tickets! How fun would that be to let all our kids torture each other?!

Good luck! You're almost done, right? This will be one of those times where you'll look back and wonder how you survived. But you WILL survive! We've had many of those periods. Chris doesn't travel, but he works enough sometimes that he might as well.

Let me know how the love approach goes! I'm in the "if you do ______ I'm going to get very grumpy stage." Meal times are the worst! Dinner is complete mayhem. 3 kids, no hubby, aaaah!

Michelle said...

Jenny.
I can relate!! Now it seems forever ago that I spent much time alone with 5 little ones while Dave was far, far away. Hang in there, they are adorable and you are amazing! Annie is keeping us company in the evenings as Erin is up at BYU Idaho and really loving it!
- michelle

Maria said...

You are a loving mother and a great example! Call me anytime and I would love to help any way I can.