Tuesday, October 04, 2011

work


Being a mom is endless work.

Mounds of clean laundry. More dirty laundry piling high. Dirty shoes piled at the front door, back stairs, bottom of the stairs, across the garage and even one stranded shoe upstairs. Food caked to the floor - every.single.meal. The barstools?, orange fingerprints (I blame the Doritos), drops of jam, sticky honey/syrup, marker, crayon, etc. Legos EVERYWHERE. A sink full of dishes always. A buried bedroom floor, because my room always comes last. Multiple weekly sheet changes, because someone is always leaking it out in the night. A sweatshirt there. A book here. A zoob under my foot. A chewed on crayon under the table. Emptied kitchen drawers 'cause Hudson is obsessed with opening and emptying anything possible. Pee in places you don't want it (don't worry, I do clean that up regularly.)

Anyway, you get the picture.

I'll be honest - sometimes it's hard. Sometimes I get frustrated at the seemingly never ending disaster around me.

But... sometimes, when I stop and notice the details and embrace the moments, it's not really so bad. I even find myself welcoming the mess.

Bring it.

 





I love my boys!... even though all four of them are messy, messy, messy. ;)

7 comments:

Sarah and Scott said...

I agree...

Jodee said...

you got it! You got his cute, cheesy, head back, eyes closed grin. So cute.
And I say "Bring It" too, I'll take the mess that comes with the amazingly precious kids!

Camille said...

I also love that Todd is wearing a Golden Valley High School shirt!

Anjanette said...

What's a zoob?

Oh and move to SoCal so we can hang out :)

Emily Springer said...

being the mom of three boys and wife to one husband I totally and completely understand. some days I don't know why i even bother but then someone complains that they don't have clean underwear and it starts all over again.

aLeXis said...

Love this post!!! I need to embrace the mess more than I do. My mom leaves the little fingerprint smudges that her grandkids leave behind.....as long as she can stand it because it makes her sad to wipe away kid prints. :-).

jhoopes said...

Such cute pictures! If there was a LIKE button on this post, I'd definitely click it!! Like the Prophet has said, the messes and laundry will go away all too quickly and we will miss them "profoundly." If it didn't come from a Prophet, I might not believe it!! :) ha ha