Thursday, December 29, 2011

Friday's {Unloaded}

Have you ever forgotten about a load of laundry in the washing machine... only to find it a day later and have to wash it again? I'm guilty. I can think of two recent occurrences, actually. Please don't tell me I'm the only one?

There are friends of mine, who shall remain nameless, who are quick to take down their Christmas decor. Like - a day or two after Christmas quick. I'm just not mentally or emotionally prepared to do that. Plus, where does the Magic of New Year leave your New Year's gift if your stocking isn't still up? He stops by your house too, doesn't he?

Are you a New Years resolution maker? I admit, I am reluctant. I feel torn. I want to be, but for some reason, when I consider the fact that millions of other people are making their resolutions and consumer America hypes excersising and calendar planning and meal schedules up, my desire to build personal resolutions doesn't seem so personal anymore, and I push it to the side. I guess I just like to work on my own timetable. Is that odd?

But then on the other hand, it feels great to start fresh with a new year geared up with a plan in hand. I usually set a few realistic goals but not tie my life to them. This year I'm feeling motivated to set more family goals over personal ones.

Hudson is such a little man. He's signing lots and understanding so much. Such a cute, bald little man.

It's been a glorious week sans PR work. I've slept in, snuggled with my boys in bed, wrestled, made treats, watched movies, read lots and lots of childrens books, finished making 100+ cds for primary, visited with friends, hung out on playdates, gone shopping, made a trip to Ikea, reorganized the boys' toy/lego storage (I think we may have found a good lego system for us), thought about working out, read Christmas cards, and just enjoyed my boys' cute littleness. It's nice how time seems to slow down a bit when you don't have various agendas rolling through your mind each day and you can just thrive in the moment.

On my "to do" list before I go back to work mid-week next week? Clean the van, make my way through a RAW class (photo editing), complete Thanksgiving and Christmas blog posts, finish making my kiddos' lego instruction booklets boy-proof, pick up a few New Years party paraphernalia, and make a meal plan for house guests next week.

On the "to do" list of my boys? Play legos, read books, setup their dinosaurs, play legos some more and more and more, and get ready for Nana and Aunt Robyn to visit.

I caught Cannon growing up today. He just looks taller and leaner and seems to be losing some of his chunkiness. Please tell me it isn't so.

Happy New Year to you all!

The End.
 

4 comments:

Jen said...

Magic of New Year? That sounds like fun! A good way to use those stockings one more time. I get what you are saying about being a New Years Resolution maker. I hate the commercialized hype, but sometimes I get so stuck on trying to be different and avoiding the "consumer america" stuff, that I forget that sometimes there is a good reason for the hype. What could possibly be wrong with everyone making personal goals to be a better them? Everyone wants to be better (I hope) and the new year seems like a perfect time to start.I have come to the conclusion that I have missed out on many many great things while I was trying not to be like everyone else. I have rarely sat down and written out resolutions, but I love the idea of a fresh start. Maybe I have just fallen prey to consumer America (I did just spend $75 on supplies to organize my craft supplies,it looks sooo much better!).

Anonymous said...

loved this post jenny. i am so guilty of the laundry situation. yuck. i want to hear more about this magic of new year. i am right there with you on the new years resolutions, they kind of drive me crazy sometimes. and, about cannon, i just caught levi doing the same thing...:(

Jodee said...

I am SO guilty of that. In fact, I think it happens more than it doesn't. Maybe that is why Ronnie does the laundry now...

Gruwells said...

love you. miss you. the only new years resolution you really need to worry about is the one to come east and visit. :) i have the cutest nephews ever.