Sunday, January 08, 2012

Friday's {Unloaded}

We are short and sweet and two days late this week...

A few people have asked about our holiday pajamas... They're from Hanna Andersson, and they were ALL Todd's idea. And a brilliant idea at that. He's been begging me for matching family pajamas for years, and the elves were to kind to make it happen this year. Those elves... so sneaky!

I'm going to start a new "series" of sorts around here... but I can't guarantee it'll be regular. But it will be fun. We've come across several new-to-us children's books lately. Ones that are so clever or so fun that I feel like sharing them with everyone I know. So, I'm going to. Look out for a new series in these here parts, entitled Little Reading.

A few others of you have asked about our lego storage. I'll get a picture of it soon (as soon as I get my camera back from Nikon... poor camera and poor me. I feel somewhat naked without it).

In words - we reworked a lovely, white ikea coffee table as a low-to-the-ground play space that can wheel out from under the boys' bunkbeds. The square table has a shelf underneath that houses a couple of boxes and a tray for brick and smaller creation storage.

We also put up a free-standing bookshelf with built-in cubbies to house toy storage down below and untouchable lego creations above (out of reach from the Hudson-man).

The setup definitely wouldn't work for everyone, but it's working wonderfully for us.

Todd's mom and sister, Robyn, were here this past week for a visit. We played games, reenacted every lego ninja scene imaginable, watched movies, made a stop by Target (Target doesn't exist in Canada), made another stop by the outlets, and most fun of all, we went sledding! We had a blast!

I'm so very tired. I'm going to bed. Goodnight.

The end.
 

2 comments:

Mostly Them said...

You are considering moving to a land where there is no target... jenny i am concerned for you....

Nancy said...

You holiday pajamas are fabulous. Your holiday pictures are absolutely gorgeous too. I pretty much can't believe how awesome a photographer you are now. Isn't it fun? Too bad you're so far away or we could talk photography!

My new camera is the D700, I'm so excited. I want to know what lens you got! I'm turning 30 in August so maybe a new lens is in order then.

Anyway, yes, let me know when you are down our way, and if you need somewhere to stay! We are about half an hour away from Disneyland (with no traffic). I keep trying to tempt the Lowrys but they remain stubbornly in Idaho.