Sweeping with Hudson around is nearly pointless. He follows the broom wherever it goes, and then just when I think I have him distracted, he digs right into my pile o' mess. I consider keeping him from eating any of the nasty contents a huge success.
This week was a doozie... especially Thursday. This was my text to Todd at 10:25am... "What a morning! A press release written and approved by Bluetooth and now on to Germany for final reviews and new award logos obtained and added to the latest ad specs for two trade mags who have been holding the presses for us... And the boys are fed, dressed, Cannon is at school, Ryder is at the Weeds, Hudson with me. We're done at the dr and now heading to the pharmacy... And it's not even 10:30am yet! :)"
My followup post to him was... "We need a nanny... Hee hee"
We are very blessed to have some help a couple of days a week. My boys LOVE when Stephanie comes to play!! Sometime I wish she could move in with us. ;) What do you think, Stephanie?
I've told Todd on several occasions that we really should have a family cam continuously running in our home. I think a few years from now (or maybe even next month), I'd watch it and have a great laugh at how crazy our life is at times.
I had the chance to be one of five speakers in a meeting for the women in our local church congregation, and it was a great week of preparation. One quote from Elder christofferson that I referenced in my talk (which was on "Living for Today"):
"Thoughtful planning and preparation are key to a rewarding future, but we do not live in the future — we live in the present. It is day by day that we work out our plans for the future; it is day by day that we achieve our goals. It is one day at a time that we raise and nurture our families. It is one day at a time that we overcome imperfections. We endure in faith to the end one day at a time. It is the accumulation of many days well-lived that adds up to a full life and a saintly person.
...Generally it is good to try to anticipate what is coming and prepare to deal with it. At times, however, it is wise to 'Take it one day at a time… Just get through the day.'”
That is how I survived our Portland experience... and many of our hard days here in residency. I take one day - or one hour - at a time.... constantly asking myself, Am I doing what matters most?
Our days continue to be a struggle in finding balance and in prioritizing, but we're managing okay for now. I'm just trying to do a little better each day... isn't that what matters? Assessing your days and trying to do a little better in life... trying to be a little more like our Savior. Each day. One day at a time.
And from Elder Uchtdorf: "…don’t close your eyes and hearts to the simple and elegant beauties of each day’s ordinary moments that make up a rich, well-lived life.”
One of my current goals is to soak in the little moments. To stop what I'm doing and "be" in the moment. I find myself not wanting to miss out on any of the little things (or big) with my boys.
That's all for now. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment