Friday, February 26, 2010

and a rainy day

It's been pouring rain off and on today. And I love it, actually. Mood swing, maybe, but I welcome the rain because it means the purple blossoms outside my window will get a drink of energy and keep fighting their way out. And if I have to be locked up inside, I might as well get to enjoy the sound of rain while we go about our day.

We're still sick in these parts - mostly just Ryder, now. You know that little guy isn't feeling well when Cannon is running circles around the island in the kitchen and he's curled up in a ball on the couch watching with a daze in his eyes. A fever spiked again just before bed, but luckily the medicine held off until morning and we all got a good nights sleep. Except for my restless dreams that wreaked havoc on my peaceful night. But I won't go into detail into those, because then you'll all be convinced I've gone insane.

Today we watched some great olympic highlights, read, played trains, colored and ended up with play dough just before lunch. Cannon has recently progressed from the eating of play dough to the smashing of play dough. So he's allowed to actually sit up at the table with us now when all of the smelly, mostly crumbly pieces are out.

But we had fun, at first anyway...


See, we're happy, busy, content.


Another happy boy, no?


Oh, the concentration it takes to build roads.


And once you give a boy a knife, there's no going back.


And scissors. We heart scissors.


Who wouldn't be happy with these three friends hanging around?

But.... then we got a bit tired....


First came the thumb.... and then it was all over once he reached down for his blanket....






Fun and exciting times!

10 comments:

Annie said...

The boys are so adorable! I miss you all!

Gruwells said...

Jen...
oh sweet Cannon! That is so cute of him snuggled with his blanket. I actually LOVE the sound of pouring rain, too. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.....love you!

jhoopes said...

Those pictures of Cannon falling asleep are so sweet!!! I also love the rainy days now and then, although they sound like more fun at your house!!

Owens D.C. said...

I love love those pics of thumb and sleeping :)

Frost Fam said...

Jenny, that is precious. I love it when Zachy falls asleep in the middle of play or at the table. It's a rarity. Hope Ryder man gets feeling better soon. Our second is coming sometime in the next week. I'll definitely have to get some tips from you about having two boys.

Maria said...

Great pictures of Cannon falling asleep!

Amy said...

Soo adorable!! I'll say it again...he is getting sooo big!! He looks more like Ryder all the time, their expressions, etc. I miss you guys!! Hopefully we will be moving much closer to you soon! :)

Nancy said...

really cute sequence.

Adamson Family said...

Wow. You take great pictures. I was looking at blogs and Jonas asked "Excuse me, can we look at Ryder's blog, now?" It was really cute.

Anjanette said...

I'd personally love hearing about all of your dreams. This might convince me that I'm not the only one who questions her sanity.